CHAPTER 5

A week later...

For an entire week, Rosaline stayed in the bunker and she didn't even attempt to utter a word to the rest of the crew. She isolated herself within the darkness and the only time she would encounter the men was when she received food.

Yet, she never ate.

Rosaline only drank the beverages that were brought with the food but she never dared to touch anything else. None of the crewmembers bothered to take her on about not eating and the Captain was in his own world.

"I'm getting kind of worried. She hasn't eaten anything in the last week and she barely drinks the water we give her..." One of the crewmembers, Shachi, stated in a worried tone as he spoke to his partner who was sitting across from him in the sturdy kitchen.

It was quite a big kitchen and it was comfortable for anyone to cook there. It had all the utilities a cook would ever want and it was the best place to converse without anyone interrupting you, except when someone came in to steal snacks. Moreover, since it was a submarine, no one bothered to knock.

The kitchen was right next to the dining room where they all usually gathered for a large feast or even just for lunch. It was the room to eat and enjoy as much as they wanted to. However, the food wasn't always that great...

"Maybe she's trying to live longer. I think I may start doing the same thing," Penguin murmured and paled slightly when he was reminded of the food their Captain made. At times, it was better when someone else tried to cook but at other times, it was better not to eat the food.

Shachi chuckled nervously and knew exactly what his partner was talking about. They seriously needed someone who could cook better than what they did now and if they didn't find anyone soon enough, they were going to end up either killed from starvation or food poisoning.

The latter was more likely.

"You think that maybe she can cook?" Penguin asked and watched as Shachi shrugged. No one knew what the woman in the bunker could or couldn't do and they were all too afraid to even ask for her name. They only hoped that she would calm down eventually and start talking to them.

After all, she was the only woman on the ship and it would nice to talk to a woman from time to time. They were all men. Staying around each other for too long without any feminine interaction really got to them.

"Penguin, did you give the newbie her food?" Law asked as he entered the kitchen and the two males jumped in surprise at his sudden presence. They started to sweat bullets and their faces paled drastically as they looked at their Captain.

They could only hope that he didn't hear any of the comments they made on his food. They didn't want their Captain killing them with his Devil's ability but then again, they still may die from his food. Law raised an eyebrow at their reactions and decided to leave it be.

"Y-Yeah, but she doesn't eat at all. She hasn't even tried to touch the food even once and she barely takes in enough fluids," Penguin stated and Law's brows furrowed as his agitation rose. He knew she was being stubborn but this was starting to irritate him.

At first, he left her and thought that she would start to eat but after a week of not eating, he knew she was out to taunt him. He stomped out of the kitchen without another word and left his two comrades dumbstruck.

They sighed in relief when he left and felt the knots that had grown in their throats disappear. For a moment, they truly thought that the Captain heard them. Luckily for them, he didn't but they felt sympathetic towards the female in the bunker.

She was going to get it.

Law let his gaze harden and walked straight towards the bunker without any hesitation. He hadn't confronted her again after what happened last time. He hoped that he wouldn't need to address the eating matter but she was out to make things difficult for him.