Chapter 13

Ready and tucked in bed, Sashimi's thoughts drifted as she stared at the beautiful carvings on the ceiling of the suite. Without realizing it, warm tears began to decorate her cheeks. She missed her dad. He was just too far away for her to reach. Somehow today, after all the havoc going on, she lost her phone and could not contact him. What made it worse was the fact that she had never made the initiative to actually memorize her father's contact number. She let out a long breath and was surprised by how shaken her breath was, showing how much she is holding herself back from crying.

Not far from the bed she was in, she noticed a movement. Little creepy imageries began to enter her thoughts. Scared, she closed her eyes tightly and gripped the covers that was keeping her small body warm. A person sat on the bed she was in and her heart began to accelerate.

Chanyeol's part

There weren't any extra beds or spaces available for the entrance of an extra person to sleep in the suite as the hotel had accommodated them with everything in the right amount of things. So all of the EXO K members made a deal to not go near Sashimi or attempt anything towards her all through the time she will be staying with them. With that being said, they were all allowed to go sleep in their own beds (certain sharing i.e. Chanyeol and D.O.). With a hidden feeling of relief, Chanyeol was glad that D.O. had been kind enough to let him sleep on the bed. Chanyeol had a little agenda when he asked D.O. if he could sleep there with him. This is actually because D.O.'s bed was right across Chanyeol's bed, where Sashimi is sleeping in temporarily. After trying to catch some sleep for a few hours, he gave up and just stared at the ceiling of the suite.

Across the room, he could hear small sobs and clearly, Sashimi trying to hold herself from crying. He could tell due to the sounds she was making and the long breath of sadness that she gave away. He had a strong urge to go and comfort her. But they all had a deal to not go near her.
Sashimi's quiet sobs were not showing any signs of slowing and he knew right then, he had to do something. Carefully, he got up from D.O.'s bed and made his way towards Sashimi.
As he approached her, he knew that he had accidentally scared her and sure enough, when he was standing just before her, her eyes were shut tight and her small hands gripping the covers, clearly feeling terrified.

Gentle as his heart is, he sat down beside where she was laying. He could feel her body stiffen. Trying to not make her scream and waking the other members up, he went to her ear and whispered, "Its me Chanyeol. Come Sashimi, follow me. I'll calm you down,". With those words, she opened her eyes. Her eyes and cheeks wet with tears, she wiped them away quickly, embarrassed. Chanyeol looked into her eyes and like telepathy, he could almost hear her say, "where will you take me?" And he answered with just a smile portraying, "Elsewhere,".

There was a connection between them that they both could feel and not ignore. With Sashimi's hand firm in Chanyeol's, they made their way into the living room of the suite and sat on the couch. Now that they are out of the sleeping areas of the members, they were brave enough to speak with each other. Chanyeol, being the first to break the silence, asked, "Whats wrong Sashimi? Do you miss home?". Sashimi could only manage to nod as her tears escalated down her cheeks. She buried her face in her hands to cover her crying, making Chanyeol even more worried. With intuition, he brought her to his chest and held her, patting the top of her head as she continued to cry. He knew how much missing home or even your loved ones could hurt your very soul. And by the looks of it, the little Sashimi had never felt this far away from her family. In between her sobs, she managed to say, "Oppa, I miss my dad. I miss my mum,".
Trying to assure her heart, he said to her, rubbing her shoulders to comfort her, "Don't worry Sashimi. You'll see them soon. Maybe even tomorrow,". That line made her cry even harder. "He doesn't know," she thought to herself. Her mother's part in her life had a tragic twist to it, a past she had tried so hard to remove from her memory. As Chanyeol said those words, he knew that in his heart, he could not let the girl go. She had somehow embedded her very presence into his soul. And by the thought of letting her go, he could not possibly do it. He began to hum a little rhythm that his mother had hum when he was small. Listening to him, she felt a little feeling in her heart. The rhythm was somehow familiar. Due to the realization of the rhythm being familiar, her sobs began to slow down. She lifted her head from his chest and looked at him. Her eyes. He could not even describe the feeling when he looked into them. Its like as if she had some enchantment towards him that he could not get enough of.
Holding her his arms, he felt a sense of protective feeling towards her.
Still looking at him, she said to him, "Oppa, you've been too kind to me. And THIS, is clearly not a usual fan service," with that she smiled her little innocent smile that literally melted his heart away. Unable to contain the innocence, he looked up at the ceiling and let out a big breath. "Oppa, whats wrong?" asked Sashimi. Looking back at her, she had this cute face on which had a puzzled expression on it.
Now THAT, was an attack on him! He could not handle it and suddenly went beetroot. He looked away at the floor and tried to compose himself.
Still unaware on the effect she had on him, she nudged his shoulder (she was still in an embrace with him) and showed a puzzled face when he turned to look.
Her actions made it worse for him as her nudges made him feel how very much close their bodies were with each other. That definitely was his limit. He let her out of his embrace and he stood up.
"Oppa?" Sashimi tried with a quiet voice.
Making sure he had his face composed, he turn to her and smiled his warm smile. "Sorry Sashimi. Don't know what got into me there. Do you feel like sleeping yet?" He asked her. She shook her head, indicating a 'no'.

So he decided to help her sleep by putting on one of his favorite soothing playlists. As they both listen to the songs, silence began to envelope. Being Chanyeol, he still had the urge to hold her. Unconsciously as they listened to the soothing songs and as Sashimi's eyelids began to droop, Chanyeol took her in his arms again. Thoughts began to drift and the next thing you know, eyes were closed.
----------------------------------------------

Can somebody give me the power to go in Sashimi's body for awhile? Am definitely envious of her and Chanyeol!

If you readers want to contribute to the story, please do leave comments on what you guys want the story to twist into next.

A little note here,
I am not sure if you guys do read my other 'book' , writing about my daily life as an accounting student, but sure enough, MY FINALS ARE COMING! So I may be in some sort of hiatus. Not sure yet, just informing :)

Anyway, do participate on what you want to happen next in the story! Thanks :-*