Two- Our math teacher-and some dogs-try to kill us

2

 Our Math Teacher-and some dogs-try To kill us

I stared with unblinking eyes at Mrs. Bellomel until I went completely bonkers.

            "WHAAAT THE HADES?!?"

            "See, you just used Hades' name! Ha! You are a demigod!" Mrs. Bellomel said.

            Sigh. I lose. But it just doesn't make sense! How could my mom be Athena?  I thought. But then again, it did make sense. I was a complete bookworm, even though I was dyslexic, and I had the Lady Athena's eyes. Stormy grey, but mine had a hint of turquoise in them. I was always better at reading Greek than English, and with my ADHD, I had great reflexes. Since Athena was the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy, I was naturally very smart and tactical. I was in enrichment, so I had to have been intelligent. I guessed I was  a demigod.

            "We have to go to camp! Get on the bus!" my teacher yelled with urgency. She was staring wide-eyed at something behind me, and I whipped around to face it.  That turned out to be a bad idea.

            Standing there was Ms. Banner, looking mean as always. But there was something strange about her-she wasn't wearing her hat. Ms. Banner always wore her hat. Now I knew why. Because sprouting from my math teacher's head were wriggling snakes. I screamed, terrified.

            "A Gorgon. Just don't look and run!" Mrs. Bellomel shouted.

            I listened to her advice and sprinted for my life down the hall, and towards the front doors of the school.

            "I'm Stheno, not any Gorgon! Get back here!" I heard Ms. Banner yell from behind me as I ran. She was getting closer, gaining on me with every large step she took. I didn't look back, but I could tell that Ms. Banner-or Stheno-would catch me soon.

            "Run, guys! She's the most dangerous Gorgon!" screamed Mrs. Bellomel.

            I continued to run, Stheno getting closer, when I came up with a plan that would buy us a tiny bit of time. I slowed up a bit so that my idea would work.

            Stheno was now right on my tail, about two yards behind me. I dashed through the front doors, and when Stheno tried to catch up to me, BAM! I slammed the door in her face. She fell to the ground, trying to regain her strength, and I ran for the bus.

            I got to the bus parked out front, which all of my classmates had already boarded, and Mrs. Bellomel's pants fell off when I clambered aboard. I was thinking, WHAT THE HECK? when I saw her furry legs and hooves. Hooves? Gasps started to escape my classmates' mouths.

            "Oh! I forgot to tell you that I'm a satyr!" said Mrs. Bellomel quickly. "Call me Kelly now, kay?"

            I nodded, and continued towards the back of the bus. Mrs. Bello-Kelly took the wheel as I plopped down next to Nellie, trying to catch my breath.

            "Oh, my gods. We almost just died!" Nellie panted. "What do you think my parentage is? You know, a flower appeared above my head! It's all so crazy! I just want some answers!"

            "Well, the only goddess, since your dad is your mortal parent, whom I can think of in your case is Demeter." I explained. "Yes, we almost did die out there, and I want answers too."