Five-I get a prophecy from a girl who spits smoke

5

I get a prophecy from a girl who spits smoke

Grim thoughts filled my mind at the sound of Collin's statement. Who could have stolen Apollo's chariot, I wondered, when it dawned on me. Another sun god, who might envy Apollo of taking his place. Oh, gods. This was not good.
            "It was Helios!" I shouted, pounding my fists on my thighs. "I know it was!"
            "Whoa, blondie. Calm down," Collin said.
            "But who else could it have been? He's the Titan sun god!"
            "I don't know."
            I groaned frustratedly at him. He was not helping.
            "Chiron! Chiron!" I yelled. "Helios stole the sun chariot, I know he did!"
            Stroking his beard, Chiron looked at me. His expression darkened as it dawned on him too, and he opened his mouth to speak. "Yes, child. I believe that you are correct."

            "So now what? How will we get it back?" I wondered.

            "I think we have our answer now," said Chiron gravely. I turned around to see what his eyes were fixed on. A girl was striding toward us, a redhead who looked like she was possessed. She had green eyes, and a face splattered with freckles.
            "Um, Chiron?" I squeaked. "Who's that?"

            "Rachel. The Oracle. I think this prophecy's for you."
            Suddenly, Rachel twitched. Her body went slack as her eyes rolled back into her head. What's going on? I thought as ubiquitous green smoke billowed from her mouth. Her eyes were back to green, but darker. She stood, and rasped a prophecy like there were three of her talking.
            "An owl, a skull, and a flower shall go
West they will travel, to battle the foe
The deed assigned they will complete
A friend they love will lay limp by their feet.
"
            I panicked at the last line. So, basically, we would succeed, then see a friend die? That's not pleasant. As these thoughts rushed through my head, Rachel came out of that odd smoke-spitting state.
            "So, what'd I say?" she simply asked.
            I nervously repeated the prophecy to her, and she did the same thing that I did on the last line. Gasp and panic.
            "Oh, gods. Who will go with you? I'm assuming it will be one child from Hades and one from Demeter, as the prophecy said that there would be an owl, a skull, and a flower."
            When she said Hades and Demeter, I immediately chose Grant and Nellie. They were the only ones that I knew in their respective cabins. A quest with those two. Oooh, this'll be interesting.

            "Me?" I said. "A quest leader? Are you sure about this?"

            "Oh, of course," replied Chiron. "Many new campers have gone on quests before."
            Chiron told me that the three of us would embark the next morning. I headed over to the Demeter cabin to inform Nellie.
            I knocked, and a brown haired girl named Katie answered the door. I asked for Nellie, and Katie called for her little sister to come to the door. Nellie trotted up to me in a tee-shirt that read "Cmpa Hlaf-Boldo". No, Camp Half-Blood.
            "Hiya, Care. What's up?" she said casually.
            "I just got assigned a quest to retrieve Apollo's chariot. And you're coming."
     She frowned. "Quest? I'll just sit this one out."
            "Nope. You're part of the prophecy. We leave tomorrow morning," I stated.
            "No!" she yelled in protest.
            "Too bad. It's your destiny. And Grant's coming, too."
            "He is?"
            "Yup. Wanna help me break it to him?"