The Night Awaits- Review 1

For BerryBertrand

Hello!

I'm going to judge your book on the basis of your cover, title, summary, content and language fluency.

I didn't have any problem with the title and your cover. They were well thought of and attractive.

The main issue rises with your summary. For a person who hasn't read the first part of your book, it was quite an abrupt starting. Sometimes when you write a prologue of your second book, you mention about some past events to give clearity. But your book lacked that. No issues. Even in the summary I didn't know the characters well. According to me you should lengthen the summary and give a brief about the historical events too.

When I read the first chapter, in the starting the character was gripping and I wanted to read more. I really could understand what you we're trying to tell the readers.

But there were some issues. Your paragraphs were too long. You should try and separate them otherwise it becomes pretty boring for the readers.

In the first para of your first chapter, you wrote that Darrel ran to the museum to seek help. Now in the next paragraph you again repeated the same sentence that he ran and ran all over the place. Why? Wasn't it unnecessary? You could have written something like this.

After examining the entire place, he settled to hide in one of the exhibits.

In the same paragraph there were issues with your tenses. From past you switched over to present. Make sure you make these changes.

When the guard came in you wrote an abrupt dialogue. I couldn't understand the expressions of the guard. Was he angry? Shocked? Irritated?

Now in the same chapter there was only talking and talking.

The next weird thing was the repetition of the same information. When the crystal told her about what she should do, and she wrote a letter, you shouldn't write the same content as the dialogue. You should delete the letter part.

The ending of this chapter was pretty weird. While they were investigating, you should create that kind of an atmosphere. Sometimes over shadowing makes you hooked on to the content. And then you should explain a little more about the clowns.

One more thing, you should consider adding a banner and an ending media for your book. It makes your work visually appealing. Otherwise it's your wish of course.

In the next few chapters, you introduced a lot of characters which really confused me. When you are introducing a character make sure you give some description about them. I agree that you made a separate chapter for the characters but was that enough?
Should I keep changing the chapter to see who has what role? That's not practical!

As a reader I liked that you made minimum grammatical errors. Your characters felt real to some extent. (If you could have described them better I could have said felt like us)

The overall foundation of the book was good.

The plot was interesting. There was one more issue though.

The time! Season?

That was missing. Make sure you work on these.

If I wanted to rate your book, I'd give it 6. You can improve upon a lot of areas.

Thank you!

Keep up the efforts.

I hope you like your review.

Sorry if I was criticizing a lot :)

Hope you're satisfied...