Review 2

For AlexaZedler

Hey

You wanted a review from me. I wrote a pretty long review for you.

I'm gonna judge you on the basis of your Cover, The title, Summary, the visual appeal, Content and other parts like grammar.

So starting off with your cover. Being an aspiring graphic designer, the first thing that attracted me was your cover. I liked how the cover was made keeping in mind each and every detail. There was one thing though. It did not match the summary of your book.
How? You may ask?

I thought the story took place around spring or Summer season. But that was not true. Your character faced challenges during winter and not summer. So why not have a book cover where there's snow or anything related to winter months?

Title: I didn't find anything wrong with the title. It was sweet and simple because you used your character's name in it.

Summary: I'm a kind of person who judges a book by it's summary. And you passed the test. I was curious to know as to what happened to her friends? Why was she being stalked and what changed her life all of a sudden? When I have questions in my mind, it means that I'm reading a good book. The information is clearly connected and arranged.

Visual Appeal: No doubt they added a kind of glamour to your book. The banners and character aesthetics were well used with the chapters.

Content: That is one thing that really pleased me. I don't usually say this but your character connected with me.

One thing was a little off. Melody has an every routine of waking up, looking at her messy hair, applying loads of make up. Then at a point you wrote she wasn't in a mood to get dressed. But still she's wearing a crop top, showing off her waist and wearing ripped jeans. I think that's what you call getting ready to impress. You should change her appearance to match her mood at that time.

The next thing which according to me should change was the sentence of Harry asking if he could come to her home.

Say something like this-
"Can I come over to your house tonight?"
You see, without giving a hint that something was weird or he was unsure of what he was doing.

I'm saying this because in the next sentence he quickly answered that they had to work upon some project. As a reader you will start doubting him at first and then realize that he wasn't as sweet as he seemed. But then you see that contradicting statement and feel that it was only a project.
Also maybe you could mention what project they were talking about? Science? Math? A working model?

Now in the next paragraph I again got weird vibes from him. I was thinking about his facial expressions and all. There was something weird about him.

This is over shadowing his character. At the end if he's the culprit it would be an obvious guess. I don't think you should make him look sweet at first and then a little weird later, in the same chapter.

In the next chapter, it was an abrupt starting. You should work on it. I found the tenses changing too. Don't mind I just see everything from tip to toe. There were some grammatical errors. Did you write the first chapter with patience and the next one in a hurry? Now when I read further it was all talking, talking and talking. You see how a perfect book goes- from the thoughts about the past to the present time. That should explain her thoughts towards him.

Wasn't the love and spark quick? Give it time.

Ok I should stop criticizing. Now your book had a definite point and a clear defined purpose which I mostly liked.

The words are appropriate, and the sentences are emphatic, concise and correct.

I really liked your personal tone and the rhythm and flow of the language.

Last but not the least, the descriptions. They were vivid and lively and crisp. I could imagine a lot of things. But the feelings were not appropriately written so work on that.

If out of ten I would score you, it would be 7.5.

I hope you're okay with this review.

Thank you