Chapter 2

Detective Agency

The five of them returned to the agency. There they saw a young woman with yellow hair in a suit.

"This is the employer that I talked about. I and Ranpo-san are now leaving for another job so make sure you treat the guest...",as Kunikida said, Dazai interrupted him.

"Oh....What a wonderful lady. May I ask what your name is?", said Dazai with Kunikida in the background telling him not to interrupt.

"M..My name is Higuchi", said the woman a bit nervously.

"Oh... The name suits you perfectly my lady. May I ask you to double suicide with me?", Dazai said with a straight face.

Kunikida knocked Dazai's head with his notebook.

"YOU ASSHOLE.. Just when I was telling you to treat the guest politely. Ahh.. I am a bit worried about this. There is no more time to waste. I must really get to the job location. Tanizaki, sorry, I know that you are resting but I will be leaving this to you. Be sure to keep your eyes on this idiot", Kunikida said pushing up his glasses and looking up the clock, realizing that there is really no time to spare.

"Yes, please leave it to me," Tanizaki answered.

"Then we will be going now" said Ranpo who was quiet unit then getting off his chair and heading out of the door.

"Please have a safe trip" Atsushi hurriedly said.

Then the door closed.

"Well then, let's get down to business shall we? I'm sorry that you have to witness such a scene like that." Tanizaki said.

"Ah.. No, I don't mind." Higuchi said, straightening her back to talk about the job she was about to offer. "There has been some men who has been wandering around a certain block and I think they are Port Mafia."

"Port Mafia?" Atsushi said questionably.

"Port Mafia are a group of mafia that has their base down in this Yokohama. And of course if you say mafia, they deal with drugs, bring illegal weapons and so on." Dazai said while pouring coffee for Higuchi.

"How do you know that they are Port Mafia, Higuchi-san?'' Tanizaki asked.

"It is because of this." Higuchi answered back taking out a photo.

In the photo, there was a pale young man with a black robe, hiding his mouth like he was coughing and probably sick.

"This is... Don't tell me" Tanizaki said nervously.

"Yes, this young man is a member of Port Mafia. His name is Akutagawa Ryunosuke. His ability is very outstanding and he is a dangerous individual." Dazai said looking closely at the picture.

"He has been spotted quite a few times around the block that I mentioned and I fear that they are up to no good" stated Higuchi.

"Is he that dangerous, Dazai-san?" Atsushi asked Dazai.

"Well, if you were to meet him, don't think of fighting him. Just run away from the place right away. He is that dangerous" Dazai answering back. "But, it isn't usual for you to meet him in this big city of Yokohama though."

"My job for the agency is to investigate what they are doing and if possible repel them" Higuchi said straightly to Tanizaki.

"Of course we will accept this job. And Atsushi-kun this is going to be your first mission" Dazai said pointing his finger at Atsushi who was so shocked that he was out of the world for a second.

"M...ME????????" Atsushi shouted.

"And Tanizaki-kun will be accompanying you," Dazai giving his orders to Tanizaki like he was his boss.