Chapter-15

Detective Agency

"I...I have got...to get back...to work. If...If you need help with...something, c..come to me...If it is...something I can do, I..I will help you," Haru cut their conversation short. Now that she looked around, Atsushi, Kenji and Kunikida were gone. That's why Kyouka was staring at her that Atsushi was gone. Even now, she was still sitting like a statue on the couch. As Haru was planning to return to her work, her phone vibrated. She looked at it to see who was it from and what was it.

To; Aikawa Haru

From; Dazai Osamu

A meeting in front of the nearest shopping mall. Don't bring anyone.

She was confused by it. As usual, she couldn't understand what Dazai was planning or doing. He told her that he would be taking the day off, spending in his dorm room. Now he wanted to go outside with her or worse planning to make her skip work like him to make her his accomplice. Sighing, Haru cleaned her table that were messy with paperworks. When Dazai did not mention about time, it meant right now. "T..Tanizaki-san, I will..be going...out...for a while," Haru informed Tanizaki. "Did you have a job at this time?" Tanizaki asked. "N..No...for..personal reasons....I will...be at the...nearest shopping mall...I'll be...meeting with...someone," Haru answered. "Ah, okay. I will tell the others that then. Take care."Haru bowed to him and went out of the agency's building.

Outside

The nearest shopping mall was only two blocks away, didn't need any train or cab to think. As Haru was walking, she thought that it had been a while since she was walking out alone in the street, not on job and it had been a while since Dazai invited her out. She could only hope that she could return to the agency before the day was over so she could do her work and of course Dazai's share of work, too. She looked around her surrounding. There were many people walking, jogging and who were doing their own things, cars going on and forth. It was certainly a normal peaceful day with no out of nature occurrence.

While she was thinking all that, she arrived at her destination in no time. The nearest shopping mall had only one entrance so it was only natural to wait around there. As she searched for the figure who told her to come, she came to see the figure who she shouldn't meet. Not here and definitely not now. Nakahara Chuuya, in his casual clothing with his usual hat, was sitting down under the shade of a tree looking around, like he was searching for someone. And then, their eyes met amidst the crowds of people. It was like time had stopped for Haru. She had a million of questions in her head. Of all the people she would meet coincidently, of all the chances of a meeting like this and so soon, she had to meet him.

Before Chuuya could call her name, Haru ran away. She ran away, not caring where she was running away. She just knew that she shouldn't stay in that place. She wondered if Dazai knew about this or worse, Dazai arranged this. Behind her, Chuuya was definitely chasing her. She could hear his steps getting closer and closer by the second. Nevertheless, Haru kept running away with her might. She didn't know where to go or worse, she didn't even know where she was. She just ran where her legs take her. She wasn't ready yet. Just yesterday, they were facing off with each other, with her sword on his throat. She couldn't just act like nothing happened.

But, Chuuya using his ability caught up to her no time. He grabbed her arm and then went into a nearby alleyway. He pushed her to a wall and then used his two arms to pinch her between them preventing Haru to escape. "Don't run away, Haru," Chuuya shouted. They were both out of breath from all the running and Haru could only look at the ground, avoiding eye contact with him. "You....Why are you running away?" Chuuya asked, his face sweating. But to his question, there was no answer. Chuuya reaching his limit, shouted again. "ANSWER ME, DAMM IT!!!" Chuuya punched the wall beside her, missing her just a hair's breath.