Chapter 6

Detective Agency

Haru smiled a little at the scene before her, enjoying the peacefulness that was brought along with.

"Kunikida-san, please help me" Atsushi basically screamed at Kunikida for help as soon as he came to the office.

"..What is it in the first thing of morning?" Kunikida sighed.

"Please look at Dazai-san" Atsushi directed him. Kunikida looked whatever the wasteful bandage man was doing. Turned out that his face was unusually purplish expect for his usual sprouting out nonsense.

"Did he eat some poisonous mushroom for something?" Kunikida asked.

"That is, I think he may have mistaken.." As he was trying to explain, Atsushi was caught up by Dazai who had mistaken him for a rainbow caterpillar. Atsushi tried to ask Kunikida for help but to his demise, Kunikida was busy doing his daily morning work and also to his demise, Kunikida was interrupted by Dazai who had finished wrapping Atsushi in bandages and then went on to find his next new playmate. He started to spout nonsense again and this time, Kunikida was so annoyed that he made a judo move on him and smacked him onto the floor. Both Haru and Atsushi wondered why those two were partners and Haru thought where Dazai found those mushroom. And then, Kunikida got called in by the president about a job.

"Dazai-san....are..you.okay?" Haru asked as she sat on the floor next to where Dazai was lying.

"Imm...As expected of Kunikia-kun, he doesn't hold back but thanks to him, my head is becoming a little clearer" Dazai tried to feel his back, "Ah..it hurts hurts hurts"

"....Pain, pain...go..away" Haru said as she put her hands onto Dazai's back.

"Haha...yes, yes, the pain is going away, Haru" Dazai laughed. Haru was not sure if he was being sincere or joking, nevertheless, she went off to unbandage Atsushi who looked like a mummy.

"Thank you very much, Haru-san" Atsushi thanked Haru after being freed from the bandages. At that moment, Kunikida came back in.

"Idiot Dazai and Atsushi, if you are done fooling around then come. We got a job." Kunikida demanded and walked straight off to the door.

"Ah, yes. Come on, Dazai-san, please get up. We got to go to a job" said Atsushi as he tried to straighten him up from the floor, "Then we will be going then, Haru-san" Atsushi greeted Haru before he left the office.

"Have...a.safe..trip" Haru waved the three in front of her and then went back to her desk.

"Everyone sure is late today. Ah, do you want something to drink, Haru-chan?" said Haruno who just got out from the president's office.

"....Orange..juice" Haru replied quietly as she took off a pen, a letter and a paper again.

"Yes, then we will also have some cakes too. There are still a little left" Haruno said as she prepared the desert. Haru too, went on to write another letter to her pen friend. She got many things to tell him and wanted to finish before he left the city again.

Dorm

Dazai and the other two didn't return to the office later that day. Haru was getting worried. Then, as if someone had sensed it, there was a message in her phone from Dazai to bring some simple clothes for a woman that he saved from the job. Haru sighed in relief and did as he told. It only took her a few minutes to go to the man's dorm from the woman's dorm. She knocked Dazai's door and then it was opened after a few moments.

"Hey, Haru, I was waiting for you" smiled Dazai as he opened the door, "Ah, let me introduce to you. This is Sasaki Nobuko. And Sasaki-san, this is a fellow member of the Agency, Aikawa Haru."

"..Nice...to.meet...you,..I'm..Aikawa..Haru" said Haru as she entered Dazai's room and started to unpack the clothes.

"Yes, nice to meet you, Aikawa-san. My name is Sasaki Nobuko" Nobuko who was lying on a futon with Dazai's oversized clothes, greeted back to Haru.

"Well then, it's is almost late so we will be leaving, Sasaki-san" after bringing the clothes that Haru brought near Sasaki so that she could reach them easily.

"Eh.., isn't this your home, Dazai-san?" Sasaki said confusingly.

"Of course. But it would be bad for a woman like you who is not married yet to sleep in one room with a man" Dazai said explaining the reason, "Oh, of course I already have a place to stay over the night so you don't need to worry about anything as there are other members of the agency living here. You can just stay here for the night and tomorrow we will continue to investigate."

"Well....if you say it like that, I will take up your offer of help" said Sasaki who was still unsure if it was okay or not.

"Well then, we will be taking our leave then. Let's go, Haru" said Dazai who was already gone to the door.

Haru quickly got up and then had a one last look at Sasaki who was waving and smiling to the both of them. Haru didn't know why but she felt that somehow Sasaki looked a bit like the past Dazai like someone who got so tired of living. Well, of course, it was only her thinking.

"Are...you....coming..with..me?" asked Haru after the two of them left the man's dorm and now heading over to the woman's dorm.

"Of course" Dazai said only these two words and the rest of the way was quiet. The two of them didn't spoke a word even after they entered Haru's room. Dazai sat at the corner of the room and began reading a book. Haru also took out a futon for her to sleep. While she was preparing herself to sleep, she noticed that Dazai hadn't gone from a page since they arrived and she felt a kind of tense atmosphere around him. She assumed that he was thinking about what to do with tomorrow's mission and felt that it would be bad to disturb him. She closed all the lights and even after that, there was not a single movement from Dazai. He was just sitting there unmoving. Haru decided to pay no mind and as soon as she touched the pillow, she fell asleep. A few hours had passed after Haru went sleeping and it was almost 2 in the morning. The figure who just sat at the corner of her room began to move and walked towards her. He also laid down next to her and smiling while playing a little with her hair and thinking that Haru was sure sleeping so soundly.

"She sure has grown out her hair" Dazai thought remembering what Hirotsu said the other day.

"Sorry Haru, I may have to let a person die on this mission" said Dazai so quietly as if he was whispering some forbidden words to the person who was hearing this. After some time, he too began to nod off a bit and then fell into a quiet and deep slumber beside his one and only family in the whole world.