Chapter 13: Similar Situations

TRIGGER WARNING: Scene contains content of self-harm.

Toxic lullabies are like a hidden disguise. Clinton can hear the wales from earshot weeping. Arms dangling down the couch, he unwraps himself from the intwined maze of legs. Following the strident cries of the night, he finds himself in front of Marlena's, well technically Clinton's room.

Tapping on the door, sure not to startle her. "Mars? You decent hunny?" The cries come to a hault. "Can I come in?"

When she doesn't answer, he grabs the handle, turning. He needs to make sure she's okay. When he walks in, his eyes run wild with the sight. "Marlena!" Blood everywhere. All along her skin, dripping. Covering the bedsheets, her clothes. Clinton rushes to her aid, trying to see where it's coming from.

The dim lighting doesn't help. "I'm sorry.", she cries out. The tears don't seize to exist. It seems all they do is fall down her skin. With the blood mixing its own concoction. Holding her near, he spots the razor blade, lifeless. Just like she could be right now.

Clinton runs out of the room. Knocking everything out of the way, he grabs bundles of towels to force the blood flow to stop. "Palmer!!!" Hoping his voice trails to the front of the gym, echoing. "God Palmer please!" Trying to hold back the tears so he's strong enough for his sister. Fuck! What is he going to do?

Kade will never want him to be around Marlena again. While he's out there sacrificing himself, here Clinton is, fucking around with some girl, when he should be there for Marlena. The one who needs him most. "Goddammit!!! Palmer!", the roar had to of woken her. Definitely opened Marlena's ears.

Heavy footsteps come running in. The light flips on. It's even worse than they both imagined. Even the windows cry in their own darkness. "Call an ambulance!"

Holy fuck! His mind is racing. To Marlena, then to Kade, then to himself. How could he be so fucking selfish?! After what she had gone through last night, he sent her to her room. To "sleep" it off allegedly. While he went and fucked Palmer. Oh god he feels sick. All his fault.

She was alone with her thoughts, thinking the worst. Clinton should've been there! Now he might lose her and it's all his fault. He looks over to her. Those brown eyes slowly turn black. Her rich Italian skin begins to lose pigment. Clinton is not losing her! "Baby please! Stay with me! Don't go! You're okay Mars. You're gonna be okay. I promise! I swear to god you'll be okay! Please just stay with me."

As her head dives to the side, Clinton picks her up, rushing to the main entrance. Not giving a fuck that's he's in his boxers. Her life is at stake, and he'll give up his own for her to live.

Clinton rocks her in his arms. "You'll be okay." He says the three words over and over again until it sounds like a song. Until the ambulance arrive. Until she's taken out of his arms.

When Kline tries to get in with her, they stop him. "You can't come like that sir. You need clothes."

"Fuck clothes! Give me a fucking blanket!" Clinton tears one of the safety blankets from the side of their truck. He gets in, leaving Palmer behind. He has to be there for his sister. No one else. Not even him.

<->

Palmer stands in the gym so unsure of what to do. Should she lock the place up and go to the hospital? Or clean up the scene in the back room? Her guts twirl as there's no easy answer. They wouldn't even let her in the room. She's not family.

Did she cause this? Is she the reason why Marlena self harmed? Palmer just found the answer. Solving it all on her own. She goes back to the bedroom, witnessing the awful scene before her. In the closet, she finds cleaning supplies. Shoving her hands through gloves, trashing all the bloody clothes, sheets, even the comforter. She'll buy all new.