Chapter 14: Bathroom Break

It's been a couple days. Or maybe, more. Clinton hasn't reached out to Palmer, so he must be really upset. Today, she plans to tell her mother to cancel whatever's going one between them. She's done. No more workouts. No more sex. She doesn't care how giddy she feels around him. She knows that he'll never feel the same. Not with her, or anyone else.

Clinton is his own man. The only thing he wants to own is his gym, and women, but only in the bedroom. Or in the back of his car. In the shower too. Sitting on the velvet couch, her ankles are crossed and shoulders stand tall. Gloria always had a cow when Palmer wouldn't stand up straight. Her posture is due to her mother.

Speaking of mother, she should be home any minute now. Staring at the door, black finger nails tap on her knees. Smoothing the skirt on her legs, anxiety starts to build. Clinton won't care. He doesn't care. What is she talking about? Lost in thought, the door opens. Subtract the cool and calm, but add collected. That's what walks through.

Greeting Gloria, Palmer rises. "Mother." It's been a while, good song by the way...since they've actually talked. They've been avoiding one another.

"Palmer." Her voice raises as if delighted. "What's going on here? You look lovely. You have a date?" Ashamed, she shakes her head. "Then what is it dear?"

"I want you to cancel that contracted membership at Ultra Fitness." Gloria's smile fades. The business look fills the space.

"You're an adult Palmer. If you want to cancel it, go to Mr. Kline and do it yourself." Palmer wants to pop her mouth open, but knows her mother wants to see a rise out of her.

"I didn't even sign myself up." Which is true. Why would her mother make her do something she doesn't want to?

"I'm teaching you to be an adult Palmer." Ouch. That hurt. What is she then? A child? No. Just because she hasn't gotten on her own, doesn't mean she can't. She just didn't want her mother to be alone, and well she doesn't want to be alone either.

"Fine. If you won't do it. I will."

                                      <->

Palmer contemplates texting Clinton as she sits in the gym parking lot. Just telling him it's over. Not that they were together. But their workouts are over, and so are the heated fuck sessions. Maybe that's too childish. Her mother is right.

Palmer unbuckles her seat belt, and marches her ass in that gym. Finishing what her mother started. Even in a skirt and heels so Clinton doesn't think she wants to workout. Her white blouse screams she means business. The dreary, damp day sticks to the bottom of Palmer's shoes.

Clinton is probably watching as she walks up to the building, but she doesn't care. Too heated, to even notice the cool draft. Her nipples harden but she doesn't notice that either. Hands grip the opening, when she's inside the lights are off.

Without turning them on, she walks towards the back. Her shoes click loudly. In a way, the sound calms her, because she's not alone. His bedroom door is wide open, but when she walks in, no one meets her. Thinking about it, she didn't see Clinton's Challenger. Maybe it's best if she just leaves.

There's no way Clinton would leave his gym unlocked. Palmer made sure to lock it after the incident. The front door rattles. Palmer slowly backs away. Holding onto anything she can use as a weapon. The barbell again. When the figure walks in, the lights come on. As soon as she sees Clinton Kline, she puts the barbell down.

Not quietly enough though. The clash of equipment causes Clinton to jump. Thinking he might have to kill someone, until he sees the most precious creature that ever walked into his life. He might have to kill someone after all, considering what the woman is wearing.