Chapter 18: Shit Happens

Violet petals sprinkle upon her hair. Loving the feel of its most gentlest touch. People are a lot like flowers. They start as a seed, planted, then turn to a bud. Which grows and grows until it shows. One day they sprout, shooting high into the sky. Both need water and then sun to shine.

Once big enough they grow petals. Just like humans do. Petals of character. Shouting beauty for all to see. But like anything, they also die. Losing their petals, as if aging. But no one could ever forget Rose or Daisy.

Drowning in the feel of beauty, Palmer lays in the grass. Flowers surround her plush skin. The only thing that really makes her feel worthy, nature. Trees and flowers just don't know how breathtaking they truly are. Loving their lives unnoticed, taken for granted. But they never stop.

Their beauty carries on each day. Even with the rain, choking them with their own resource of life. When dry, they still strike the eye with wonder. Palmer envies nature. Always flawless, innocent, unknowing. Though nature can be so deadly, they're like a child that doesn't know better.

Just trying to live their life, until it's over. Palmer thinks of the trees as her siblings. Someone she can go to when she's down. The grass is her shoulder to cry on. The petals absorb the tears, wiping her cheeks dry.

She confides in the trees. Speaking truth, because just like people, these trees don't understand. They can't tell anyone unlike people. People don't know how to go through life without the satisfaction of spreading gossip. Ruining other's lives, while there's nothing without the other's life.

Though not one human is around, she feels ashamed. People would say to get the fuck over it. Everyone goes through shit, that's life. Grow up, move on, time goes on. Everything shitty happens, because that's life. Bullshit! Palmer disagrees.

The internet doesn't lie. People do! Life isn't shitty. People are! Maybe her mind is tainted with pessimism. Such a weak way of thinking, a poor outlook on life. She believes it's realistic. Stop trying to make shit out to be sunshine and rainbows when it isn't!

Not everyday is sunny. There are ugly days in this life. Days that will soak your clothes. If there weren't, no one would appreciate the good. Thank god for the sun, that's the only positive thing in Palmer's life.

Her personality isn't positive. Neither is her mind. Let her be sad. Shutting off feelings sounds awful, to what? Pretend to be happy? Let the woman cry. She'll be the rain on someone's sunny day.

She thinks of Clinton's eyes. Yellow orbs of sunshine that glow on her skin. The feeling of heat upon her being. His hands are like a warm gust of wind. More than tepid. Hot, trailing across her dermis layer.

Palmer's eyes are like the sky. The truest of blue, like a sparkling snowflake. Icy but not cold. Her stare is as warm as the sun. Until someone upsets her, then the snowflakes melt. Rain is called for the evening. There's no mistaking it.

Stepping to her toes, it's time for Palmer's unwanted workout with Mr. Kline. They haven't spoke since the last phone call. She wonders if he'll be there. Maybe he's with Marlena. Or something else came up, she secretly hopes he cancels.

Though not seeing him for almost a week, disappoints Palmer. The lights in her eyes instantly turn on when he's near. That's not the only thing that turns on. The bud of her pussy pulses from the thought.

When he's with Palmer, it's literally as if he could do no wrong. She trusts him. She only hopes he trusts her too. Thoughts used to cradle. Is he only after sex? Do I annoy him? But even if he is after only sex, then Palmer is enjoying it.

Sex is beautiful, and she's taking advantage of their time together. The last man didn't care about Palmer's pleasures. He was only about himself. The man never let her ride, he had to be in control. She loves that Clinton lets her do as she pleases.