08

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋
your mind is a weapon, keep it loaded

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋your mind is a weapon, keep it loaded

DAMON stood behind Echo who was throwing darts.

Elena was on the phone leaving an angry message for Jeremy, "Jeremy, the minute that you get this, call me," she demanded hanging up.

"You're feisty when you're mad," Damon commented while Echo's dart landed directly in the middle.

Elena sighed, feeling stressed. "It's not that I'm mad. I'm just... I'm worried."

"Why? I think he'll survive, Elena," Damon told her.

"He'll be okay 'Lena," Echo said as she threw another dart, smirking as it hit the target. "He lost his job not something that wouldn't happen eventually."

"He's spiraling," Elena argued with her, "Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moody. He's not really talking to anyone."

Speaking up as she threw another dart, Echo said, "Just a typical teenager. We're moody, full of angst, and love sarcasm."

"Who's seeing ghosts and who's lost everyone that he cares about," Elena added while Damon also threw a dart.

Damon rolled his eyes. "Not everyone. He still has you two."

"Are you okay?" Echo asked as she turned to him. "You know... since Mikael literally stabbed me in the back?"

"I'm fine," he said, taking a swig of bourbon. "What makes you think I'm not?"

Echo clicked her tongue. "Well, you're a day drunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look," she said earning looks from both her sister and Damon who moved closer to the Gilbert girl.

Teasingly, with s smirk on his face, Damon asked, "What is my most attractive look, then?"

Echo tilted her head and smirked up at the raven haired vampire. "I think sleepy Damon is the hottest. You know, when your hair is messy, and you have a lazy smile on your face, and-" she stopped herself as she saw Elena's amused face, and Damon's shocked face. "Um," she cleared her throat and looked away, blushing.

"Don't mind me," a voice said making all three turn around facing him. Klaus was there with a man, the same man that the twins saw on their jog earlier.

Damon stood in front of Echo and Elena slightly, not wanting him near them, especially Echo. "You going to do this in the grill, in front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

Klaus looked directly at Damon, replying, "I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate. Get a round, then, would you, Tony?"

The hybrid looked at Elena smiling, making her suck in a breath.

"I'm surprised you stuck around town. Long enough for happy hour," Damon retorted.