II

He toys with his inky hair as he waits in line to order me another coffee. He stands a tall 6' or so, which is around my height. I'm a lucky tall girl, although, it sucks when you're on a tour bus and have to sleep with your legs out of a bunk. But I manage.
He immediately comes back with my coffee with a small smile.
"Thank you but it wasn't-
"Trust me, a coffee won't make me go bankrupt." He chuckles. I smile a little, sipping the coffee in relief. Suddenly my eyes go wide and I remember what today is.
"Fuck!" I say scrambling. He holds me still with his hand.
"What's wrong?"
"What's today's date?" I ask. His eyes go wide.
"There's a CVS down the street-
I laugh at his sudden thoughts to my female issues, causing his brow to furrow.
"No that's not what I mean. What's today's date?"
"January 5th why?" I groan.
"Fucking shit." I curse, pulling out my phone.
"Seriously, is everything okay?" Worry laces his voice.
"Everything is fine except for the fact that I go to Europe with my band in two days." My voice shakes as we walk down the street back to my apartment.
"Do you need a ride or anything?" I look at this complete stranger incredulously.
"I just met you five minutes ago, for all I know, you could be a rapist or an axe murderer. I don't know you, let alone your name." I say. He smirks.
"Well, my name is Andy. Andy Biersack. And I'm far from a rapist or an axe murderer. I'm in a band myself actually. Black Veil Brides. Maybe you've heard of us?" He chews on his lip.
"Sorry but I haven't. And my name is Aracelis but most people call me Ara. I don't go by a last name and I don't have a middle. I sing in my band Oh Sweet Agony." I say, holding out my hand for him to shake. He smiles and shakes it.
"Nice to meet you Ara. Well, bye for now."
"By Andy the Axe Murderer." I say, hearing his laugh ring in my head all the way to my apartment.
I plug in my headphones and press play for any random song. On comes a cover by Seether.
~
"Oh my god, Ara, is that you? Are you real? Am I hallucinating? WHO THE FUCK PUT ACID IN MY COFFEE?! We're a HARD rock band not an ACID rock band bitches!" My bandmate Reiko exclaims as she opens her apartment door. I double over in laughter.
"Yeah it's me Rei, I'm here. I'm real. No one put hallucinogenic drugs in your Starbucks." I barely say without giggles.
"Shut the fuck up you smart kid and give me a hug." She says and wraps his small arms around me. Reiko was the only other tall individual in my band, but she was also our drummer.
We pull away and enter her small house . Reiko was able to buy a house because she was outside the city, unlike the rest of us who preferred it. I'd always grown up with sound around me, whether it was music, the TV, highway, you name it. To go to a quiet, suburban area didn't appeal to me.
"The girls are in the band room practicing for a bit. I made some brunch too." She comments before slipping away into the majestic house of hers.
~
Dusk falls on the never sleeping City Of Angels and the girls fall into a deep sleep. We'd practiced for hours together, reminding me how much I missed being with my sisters.
I slip out of the house and start up my car, leaving behind my now only family. My adoptive parents moved to Mexico years ago, practically abandoning me after my step-father passed. He was truly the only one who understood and tolerated me.
All of a sudden, the car jerks and stops at a complete halt.
"Fucking pile of shit!" I screech at my beat up jet black Toyota Prius.
I get out and call a tow-truck company to come pick the crap up. Cradling in my hoodie in the freezing air, I sit on the roof of my car with car keys in hand, in case anyone tries to come up to me.
Until an ever so familiar, deep voice calls out to me.
"Ara!"