Chapter 7

He got out of the car and started walking to the house.  I didn't move one bit. He unlocked the door to the house and walked back to the car.

"Well, are you going to get out?"

"No." I said loudly

"Please, do you trust me?"

"No"

"Ken,  I'm really trying to be the nice guy, just give me a couple of minutes of Your time, please. "

I looked at the time. It was 6:38

"OKAY, I'm going , but I'm only giving you 5 minutes.

I got out the car. I heard dogs barking in the back yard, who would want to live somewhere like this?

He opened the door,  and the horrible smell hit my face at once. Oh my goodness! I walked in and it was clothes everywhere, and old pizza boxes, roaches on the wall, and some more stuff.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"My house." He mumbled

"WHAT?! No this cannot be you're house. You got kicked out of Auntie house! "

"No. I got kicked out when I was nineteen."

That must be a old rule or something that my mom and Auntie have or something, because my mom was talking about kicking me and Lenya out at the age at nineteen too, Lol.

"SO, why did you lie to everybody saying you got kicked out?! "

That explains everything,  when Lenya asked why he got kicked out,  he didn't have a valid reason,  or how my aunt didn't call explaining to us why he got kicked out.

"To be closer to you, Kenya,  it's just something about you, I know you're my little cousin but I know I can't have these feelings for nothing, so I just had to live with you to know why.

I looked at him and said "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard."

He didnt reply, he went to the back,  he said he needed to handle some business. I walked around, first I went to to refrigerator,  he had one pack of hot dogs and some orange juice.  I then went back to the living room and looked at his pictures. I refused to sit down because his couch was definitely not clean. One of the pictures had him and this beautiful pregnant lady.

I know James don't have any kids!  He came back in the living room

"James, you have a job, why don't you find a better place?!"

He started laughing and said "Ken, I don't have a job, I sell drugs."

My mouth dropped to the floor, "Boy shut Your mouth, no you don't.  You leave every time Lenya and I leave for school "

"I come here Ken."

"Boy, you need to get Your stuff and move out of my house!  You are not gonna keep lieing to my mama! She is being a nice Christian woman and letting you stay with her,  and this is how you do to her,  lie!?  AND you better not bring none of them drugs in that holy house!  Do you hear me?!"

I snapped

"CHILL Ken, I'm moving out soon,  don't worry. "

I looked at the picture I was holding

"Who is this? " I pointed at the pregnant woman who kind of resemble me.

His whole face changed "That's my ex,  Keonia."

"She's beautiful, why did y'all break up?

He stared at me, he sat down and said

"Keonia was the love of my life. She was my soulmate. I gave her my everything. She was beautiful, smart, and had a wonderful personality.  We was together for 9 years. Every since I was 12. I know you didn't meet her yet, but I just wanted for it to be the right time for her to meet the rest of the family. Anyways, I was about to marry her, I even got her pregnant.  She was 7 months..... We was about to have a little boy... James Jr."

"Omg. James she sounded amazing,  what happened? "

Tears started rushing down his face and he dropped down on his knees and said "I killed her."