Chapter 13

I wanted to breakdown and tell my sister everything. But I know she would tell my mother, then it would be this big confusion. And my mother trusted me, it would kill me if she found out I lied to her,

"Excuse me, but you are not my mother and I don't have to explain anything to you."

I started to walk up the stairs

"Just know that I know you're lieing. " she warned

I got in my room and laid in my bed. I was so tired. My day was all types of crazy. My body was so sore. I fell asleep.

The next day I woke up. I looked at the clock.  It was 3:56 p.m. I guess nobody woke me up for school. For the first time in a while, I was comfortable being in my own house with out my mother or sister being here. I got in the shower. I never felt so dirty in my life.  And my body was still sore. I got out the shower and laid back down. Then I realized. Tomorrow is my birthday. Tomorrow I'm 18.

Usually, the old me would have been excited, I couldn't wait to turn 18 , so I could be legal. So I could move out. But at this point, I don't ever want to leave my house. I feel safe here.

Lenya on the other hand, is very excited to turn 18. She can finally move out and live with her boyfriend. My mom wants her to finish school first, but you can't tell her anything. 

I heard the door unlock, it was Lenya. She came in my room.

"Hey Twin, our birthday is tomorrow! "

"I know. " I mumbled

" Well you don't sound very excited, this is the moment we been waiting on! "

I didn't say anything.

"Kenya, c'mon tell me, what happened to Your eye? "

Ugh I knew she was gonna bring this up.

"I don't know. "

"Really, you're going back to school tomorrow and everybody is gonna ask, so just tell me. "

" And I'm going to tell them exactly what I told you, I don't know."

"I bet you Tika will find out." She said , rolling her eyes.

Ew.  She said her name. That name just makes me clinch up.

"Me and Tika aint friends anymore."

"Why?!" She asked, her eyes got so big.

"People change." I whispered.

"Dammit Kenya,  is there anything else I don't know about!?" She asked

"Yes..... " I mumbled