Chapter 20

"What are you talking about?! " asked Jason.

"I'm sorry, it's just too much going on. " I said.

He looked at me and walked away. I followed him

"Jason wait! " I said

"Wait for what Kenya?!  You didn't think it was important for me to know that you're moving to New York? "

"I did, I thought you would be happy for me."

"And why the hell would you  think that?!  Kenya,  every time we talk. I fall deeper for you, and now all that is now a waste. "

"What, so you're calling me a waste?  Jason we met for a reason. Please don't end it like this. "

"It's just crazy how you're thinking about yourself right now. You're not thinking about me, or your mother,  or school Kenya! Moving is not a little step that you can slide by."

"Ohhh I'm thinking about myself?!  How dare you, my whole life has been dedicated to making others happy. Jason you just seen what I been through, getting molested by my cousin and everything, would you really want me to stay and live like this? I deserve to be happy, like everyone else . Why cant I be happy for once? We live in different towns anyways, and that doesn't seems to bother you, but when it's a different state it's the end of the world."

"Go do you " Said Jason.

Them three words was all I needed to hear. He obviously didn't care about my happiness. 

"I will. " then I walked away. He didn't stop me. I looked back and He was already in his car, pulling off.

I walked back to the park and my aunt Kim canceled everything early. My grandma drove me back to the house. The cops was there. We entered the house and Jerry was in the kitchen talking to the cops.

"Kenya, if you want to help the cops get James locked up, you have too talk to them, I told them the big parts, they will just ask you little questions. " said my mother.

"Okay. " I said. 

"Hello, I'm Detective Graves, and I'm assuming you are Kenya Woods?" Said this tall old looking white man.

"Yes sir. " I said.

"Great, now your mother told me that you caught James Woods having sexual activity in your bed with a 17 year old minor. Can you please tell me her name. "

"Tika Logan. " I said. He wrote it down in his notebook.

"Now you told your mother that Mr.Woods molested you,  is that true? " He asked.

"Yes sir. "

"Can you please explain. "

"I blacked out sir, He knocked me out. All I know is that I woke up handcuffed naked with a black eye." I said.

"And you were 17 at the moment? " He asked.

"Yes sir. "

He wrote it in his notepad and gathered all the cops and they said they will return tomorrow.

"Mom, aunt Kim, grandma. Can you sit down for a minute? " I asked. They all say down.

"First of all mother, I would like to say that I love you no matter what, and nobody has bribed me to make this decision,  I've made it on my own and I think that this decision is best for me. I'm moving to new York with aunt Kim and grandma. "

"What?  That's crazy, with all that's going on now, you can't move to New York right now,  that's just dumb Kenya."

"No, what's dumb is her staying down here with this crazy man." Said aunt Kim.

"She can go, but this is not the right time." Said my mother.

"I'm going regardless. " I said.

"Where is this coming from Kenya,  why do you want to move? "

"Excuse me, but I do remember you saying that we ain't babies anymore and we need to move out soon after we turn 18." I reminded her.

"What have I done to you and Lenya?  I have been nothing but a good mother to you and your sister, and now you both just want to get up and leave."

"Exactly! You have been a good mother!  That's why we are mature enough to leave the nest. "

"Oh my goodness,  can you stop trying to make everything about you for once? Kenya made this decision on her own because she wants to be happy. It has nothing to do with you." Said my aunt Kim.

"Oh you shutup Kim because you've been wanting my girls every since I had them because your ass couldn't have any kids! You don't see it from my point of view! "

"Thats enough. " said grandma. "We don't need to be worried about this right now. We need to be worried about where James is and why He did this to my grandbaby. "

"Exactly! " said aunt Kim.

"Look, today has been very stressful for me, I just need to go upstairs and start packing and relax. " I went upstairs.

**** In the Twin's room *****

"Sooo you're moving? " asked Lenya

"Yeahhh. I think it will be good for me. "

"You know it's bad timing right? "

"Please Lenya,  no, I really do not need anymore negative feedback. "

"Sorry, Well what did Jason say? "

"He hates the idea and He will probably never talk to me again. "

"Well why has He been blowing up your phone?" Asked Lenya handing me my phone.

13 missed calls. 8 voicemails and 23 text messages.