Chapter 12

James face looked confused

"Why? "

"Don't ask no questions boy, you need to live with some men, not a house full of women. " said my uncle.

"Now pack Your stuff, I'll be waiting in the car." My uncle went outside in his truck.

James kept looking at me. I guess he wanted me to think up of a excuse for him to stay. But I didn't.  I was so relieved he was leaving!  I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.  I have been through so much because of him, and nobody even know. He started to pack his stuff and I went to the bathroom. I stayed in there untill he left.

When I got in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror. I looked horrible. This was my first time having a black eye. There was no way I could be able to go to school tomorrow. I physically and mentally drained.

I heard the front door shut, I assumed he was gone I went out of the bathroom, Lenya was still in the living room.

"Ok Kenya, it's just me and you, what really happened? "

"What are you talking about?"  I asked.

"Kenya,  c'mon, well for one thing, you're a Senor,  senors don't have gym anymore, so what really happened to your eye?"

Shit I didn't know what to say, she was right.

"I told you what happened Lenya,  it was the basketball."

"So are you really going to sit here and lie to my face,  like you did to everybody else? You had mama worried sick to her stomach, you atleast owe her the truth."

I didn't say anything.

"Well, since you won't tell me what happened to your eye, where was you and James? "

"Lenya,  dammit. It's almost 3:00 I'm tired I just want to sleep. "

"Kenya,  don't change the subject,  I know you had to tutor Jason, but I also know Jason does not live in the country, his sister is on the cheerleading team, and they live right behind the library.  So Kenya, I'm going to ask you again, where were you?"