Preface

Chara sat on the ground, gripping her stomach as she was engulfed by a fiery burning pain. Tears began to slide down her cheeks as the pain intensified. She wasn't sure what it was but something was killing her from the inside. She collapsed onto the ground and writhed in agony, fighting against the strong urge to vomit. 

"Human?" A soft voice asked.

Chara was bleary with pain. She looked up and saw the skeletal outline of Sans, who had been trying to bother her with traps for the past few hours.

"S-Sans?" She choked out, wincing. She tried to sit up, but ended up falling to the ground again, convulsing in agony.

"Poor human! I'll save you..." Were the last words Chara heard before she was overtaken by pain. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she spasmed once more before going limp.

***

When she woke up, Chara saw that she was on a couch. She was wrapped in blankets and there was no pain in her abdomen anymore. Sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the couch was Sans, looking at her with a huge smile on his face. He stood up when he saw that she was looking at him.

"Human!" He cried gleefully. "You're awake! I'm so happy." His eyes started to water. "I-I thought you were..."

"Dead?" Chara finished for him. She smiled. "No. I feel fine now, thanks to you."