Chapter 18: A Regretful Decision

Zatel continued from Terra's house looking back every few minutes letting a tear fall every time he looked back, his mind now calmed down from his earlier outbursts, he walks forward kicking his feet against the ground knocking up some loose gravel until he finds a small rock that he continues to kick as he follows the rock wherever he happened to kick it. His mind deep in thought as he thinks about what just happened.

"Why does he always think he has to be right." Zatel mumbles to himself before looking up and noticing the sun still high the air. Sighing he starts pushing through waves of people going to and from locations leaving the small rock in a gutter next to a streetlight. Eventually, he finds his way to the Pokémon Center. Entering it he takes in the familiar scent of medicine that accompanies all the Pokémon centers he's visited. he waits in a small line till it's his turn to speak to Nurse Joy. "Can you heal my Pokémon please." Zatel says quickly throwing his three pokéballs at Nurse Joy who scrambles at first to catch them all. "Sorry..." Zatel says regretting his small outburst.

"It's fine, I'll be right back with them." Nurse Joy says smiling.

"Thanks...." Zatel softly speaks his voice cracking for a second. A few minutes later Nurse Joy is back, and hands Zatel his pokéballs.

"What's the matter? You look down." Nurse Joy says noticing Zatel's gloomy expressions.

"It's nothing... Really. Just a battle is all." Zatel says keeping vague as he exits the center and turns right, before taking a left and walking down a couple stairs to get to the main street. After another hour of wandering the streets he walks up some stairs and notices several storage houses, that look like they haven't been used in years. Most of the windows are boarded up, the roofs have occasionally small holes in them, showing the wear the environment has had on them. He sits down on the warm asphalt ground in front of two large yellow containers stacked behind each other and between two of the storage houses. Looking up he lets out an agitated scream. Spooking some nearby Murkrows and causing them to fly off.

"Mur-krow, Mur-Krow" The Murkrow repeat as they fly away leaving Zatel to his thoughts as he spins Rio's pokéball in the palm of his sweaty hand. As he sits there in silence he hears some waves crashing behind him.

"What did I do wrong?" Zatel asks himself as he starts regretting his decision. "I did everything I thought I knew that was right. And yet, that was never good enough for him!" Zatel punches the steel bin behind him, before shaking his fist in agony. "Oww... that hurt." Grotle quickly pops out of his pokéball and looking up at Zatel.

"Grotle?" Zatel looks down at Grotle and goes to reach to pet him, only for him to take a couple steps back, causing Zatel to drop his head, letting out tears.

"I'm sorry Grotle... That you had to see me get that angry, I bet you were scared just about as much as I was angry." Zatel confesses, apologizing for acting the way did in front of Grotle. Zatel pulls out Helioptile's pokéball and stares it before letting her out.

"Heliio?" Helioptile says confused on where they are after quickly looking around she sees Zatel depressed face. "Helio..." Helioptile walks up next to Zatel, and starts rubbing her head against his leg.

"I'm sorry to you too Helioptile. It's just... after I saw Rio's fear before he collapsed. And when Terra approached me. I let myself snap back there. That was unfair to you two, I should've considered your feelings and not just my own." Zatel says rubbing his hand on Helioptile's head. Grotle and Helioptile look up at Zatel nodding their heads accepting his apology.

"Gro... tle." Grotle says laying down in front of Zatel.

"Helio." Zatel smiles a little.

"Thanks you two." Zatel sighs before looking up into the sky. "See Terra. It's not hard to apologize. Just a simple I'm sorry would've been enough." Zatel gloomly says. As he rests his head against the cold metal container. "Though, guess I can't take back what I said...." Zatel says starting to regret his choice. "It's very possible It will just be us soon..." Rio emerges from his pokéball holding his head with his paw, as he wobbles a little on the uneven surface before finding is balance.