~True Colours~

Himiko's POV:

Once I got ready, I headed straight to the dining hall. I was the last to arrive. I sat down on the chair between Kokichi and Tenko while I was waiting for Kirumi to serve our breakfast.

Suddenly I felt a heavy pat on my shoulder, realising it was just Tenko being her usual self. "Good morning Himiko! Are you feeling nice and energetic today?" I shook my head. "I literally just woke up, I haven't had chance to charge up my MP yet so I still feel tired..." I yawned and stared at the table. Tenko looked at me and immediately responded "Well I can help you recharge your MP with my Neo Aikito!" She smiled, and I just looked back at her with a confused but tired expression. "How does that even work?" I said but was interrupted by Kokichi holding my hand under the table. Luckily Tenko didn't notice. "Good morning Himiko! How are you this morning?" He said with his signature laugh. I was about to answer but was interrupted by Tenko. "What do you want you degenerate male? Me and Himiko are in a middle of a conversation!"

Kokichi lets go of my hand as his expression suddenly changes. "Ah! S-Sorry Tenko! I should've realised!" Kokichi hides his face with his scarf from embarrassment. His reaction surprised me a bit since he never talks like that to Tenko. "Nyeh? It's okay Kokichi, you can join in if you want..." I don't think he heard me, he was just staring at the table. Then he quickly left the dining hall without a word.

"Hmph! Typical degenerate male behaviour! How can he ignore you like that?" Tenko spat those words out as he left the room. "Tenko, you could've at least be nicer about it... He wasn't even being annoying." Tenko gave me a puzzled expression. "Huh? What do you mean? You always complain about how annoying he is!" I got confused. "Nyeh? Did I?"

"Yeah! You say it every morning Himiko! How come you're so quiet today?" I thought about it for a moment. Yes, I did used to say that every morning about Kokichi but... I only said that because of Tenko. To avoid Tenko being suspicious I decided to lie. "I don't know, I guess I'm just tired... I'm gonna head back to my room to sleep for a bit." As I blurted out another lie, I used that as an excuse to check on Kokichi.

Kokichi's POV:

I ran back to my dorm and hid under my blankets as I felt my anxiety crawling up my spine. I don't understand why I'm feeling this way so suddenly. I never fail to hide my emotions around people, even if it's my own anxiety. Maybe I'm getting worse?

Suddenly, I heard knocking at my door. I was going to ignore it until I heard Himiko's voice. "Kokichi? Are you okay? Open up!" My face lit up and my body moved on its own towards the door. I opened the door and hugged her. 

"Nyeh! W-What are you doing, Kokichi?" Her face reddened a little, she looked so cute. Although she did look confused and worried. "Ah- sorry Himiko! I needed to hug you" She still looked at me with those sparkling eyes of hers. "I mean that's fine, Kokichi. But are you okay? I've never seen you act like this before" I froze. I didn't want to admit how timid I actually am in front of her, but then I broke into tears. 

"N-Neh?? What's wrong now?" I looked at her, my vision was blurred. I'm frustrated because I can't hold back my emotions around her. "I-I'm sorry, I lied!" She looked at me in the eyes. "But isn't that what you always do?" She wiped my tears away. "That's because I hate showing my true feelings around anyone. But now I can't hold it in anymore..."

"Huh? You mean you're not actually who you make out to be?" 

"No, I'm not... please don't tell anyone! I-If they find out that I'm a weak, insecure boy then they'll definitely make fun of me!" I cried again.

"Umm... sure, I can keep it a secret. I'll just give you some space for now, okay?"

"Okay..."

She then proceeded to kiss me on the forehead, which made me feel calm again.

Himiko's POV:

I left his dorm and headed back to the dining hall. I was left thinking about what Kokichi had said. I never thought that he would have a timid side to him. Is it just another side effect of the potion or was that his true colours? Maybe it's both. I guess the potion does make one's emotions more open. Even Kokichi's lies couldn't cover them up.