six

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"this has got to be the longest week ever" shawn stretches his arms and leans back into his chair.

my head rests on my palm, propped up on the table. "its only wednesday mendes" i sigh and continue working on the ice breaker activity.

we're supposedly doing an escape room activity with the group around us, but no one is helping.

"stilllll! i thought it was already next monday" he groans and crosses his arms, pouting.

i stare at the card sort that we have to piece together and things aren't clicking. not one person is helping me out. shawn is too busy talking, tiffany is taking selfies, and nick is scrolling through his phone.

asking them to help would be no good, trust me i've tried. you would think escape activities would be hard, but this class is a health concepts class.

observing the words that i'm supposed to match together makes my brain ache. we just got back to school and they expect us to know everything.

i sort the terms i know, but that's less than half. "do you guys mind helping out please?" i ask the rest of my group.

"yes i actually do mind" tiffany doesn't remove her eyes from the phone once.

i look to shawn and he puts his hands up in defense, "hey don't look at me, my brain decided not to work today."

i sigh in exhaustion and hold my head in my hands. i focus on the words and try to find clues to match the functions of it.

a new presence appears from my left side, nick bending down onto the table's level. he puts his left arm on the table for stablility as he examines the activity.

i straighten my posture so he would have more space, still surprised he is helping out. i notice he's wearing his glasses that he so called hates, but i honestly love him in those.

as i start to admire the way he is working, his eyes meet mine and i quickly glance down at the words.

hope he didn't notice. hope he didn't notice.

"so basically, the dermis would contain all the glands and nerves, so that would give us a hint for the apocrine and sebaceous glands" he explains as he pairs the two pieces of paper with their functions.

i nod my head as he explains everything to me, showing me the tricks behind his thinking.

"so that explains why the hypodermis would have... a lot of fats" i piece together the last part of the card sorts.

nick leans closer towards me, "yeah just like mr. foster." he points over to our teacher fixing his buckle as he continues to eat powdered donuts.

i smack nick's arm, but he just laughs. "you laughed didn't you" he points to the smile i didn't know i had on.

"nick we don't say things like that" i whisper yell at him, still giggling amongst ourselves.

i feel someone's arm rest upon my shoulders. nick's smile slowly fades and i turn my head to see shawn.

"we have five more minutes in class" shawn speaks up, eyeing both of us.

nick clears his throat, "yeah wouldn't want christine to flirt with me any longer anyways."

my eyebrows furrow, "i'm sorry what?" nick straightens himself out and starts to pack up.

"you heard what i said" nick shrugs. i try to turn my my seat to face him, but shawn holds me closer into him.

"don't start" he whispers. i push shawn's arm off me and stand up.

"here, you can turn this in for us so you can get credit or something" i hand the activity to tiffany and she gladly takes it.

i grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder. "chris are you okay" shawn asks carefully.

the bell rings and i take this opportunity to escape. i rush out the classroom and try to get lost within the students swarming the halls.

shawn catches up to me, walking by my side. "hey what's wrong" he rests his hand on my shoulder in attempt to slow me down.

i shake off his touch, "you! i was in my own conversation with nick and you acted like i was your object to claim by laying your hand on me."

he opens his mouth to speak, but i beat him to it. "and when nick said i was flirting with him, i was about to call him out but you said 'dOnT sTaRt' like whats that even supposed to mean!" i finish my rant and shawn just stares at me blankly.

"i can speak now?" he asks with a growing smile. i bite my cheeks to keep me from smiling. i nod my head in response.

"well for starters, if you kept talking to nick like that then you would start to get feelings again, i was just helping" he shrugs.

"then i warned you not to blow up because that's exactly what he wants. he wants your attention," shawn finishes and my eyebrows both raise.

my lips purse together in thought, "well... you have a point..."

shawn grips both of his hands on her arms, "exactly! you have to learn how to see these signs. i mean it's really obvious that you two have a flirtatious vibe."

"i haven't dated anyone since 8th grade mendes, i don't think i know any signs," my voice trails off.

shawns eyes almost pop out of his socket, "EIGHTH GRADE ARE YOU SERIOUS??"

"yeah i know, don't need to rub it in" i slowly turn around to walk to jasmine's car.

his hands go back to his head and he face palms himself, "no that's not what i meant. i'm just surprised... a pretty girl like you hasn't dated anyone since middle school."

i feel my cheeks heat up, "yeah... i'm hoping to change that soon."

author's note
hi babes! this chapter really sucks because i wrote it at midnight but i wanted to update soon :((.
anyways i haven't been active lately because my med classes are really kicking my ass. but the boys are finally releasing that new cnco x prettymuch song and i'm hyped for it!

oh and stream lights up by harry styles 😌