ten

* .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

"good morning sunshine" zion laughs as i open the passenger side door.

i glare at him as i settle myself down in the car.

"aww someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?" he snickers.

i open my snapchat to see my reflection and focus on the huge pimple that has formed right on my chin.

zion starts to drive to school and i turn towards him as fast as i can, making him jump.

"god damn chris you can't do that while i'm driving" he exchanges his gaze between me and the road.

"okay but do you think it's noticeable?" i ask him and he looks me up and down to find out what i'm talking about.

he gives up and focuses on the road before him, "notice what?"

"so you're telling me. you don't see anything new on my face?" i gesture towards my whole face.

he glances back at me and shakes his head no.

"the huge zit on my chin?" i point right at it and he laughs.

"that's nothing new" he remarks, making me punch him on the arm.

"so that's why you're so pressed? about a pimple?" he asks as i stare into my reflection, trying to think of a quick way to cover it up.

i sigh and aggressively put my phone down, "no. i've just been having a shitty day already."

"come on chris, it's only," he looks down at the time on the radio, "seven fifty."

"okay well i woke up hella late to jasmine calling me, saying she can't take me to school again. and on top of that, i look in the mirror to see this huge ass zit right below my lips."

finishing my rant, zion bursts out laughing. "chris," he tones down his laughing, "it's just a pimple. no one is going to even notice."

***

"niiice pimple" travis greets me with a hug, but i push him away.

"we don't talk about it" i hold out my hand in front of his face to shush him.

shawn smoothly takes my hand from in front of travis's face and into his hands.

"i... on the other hand, don't even see anything wrong with your beautiful face," he takes both of my hands and looks me in the eyes.

"well damn shawn, i have to say. that was smooth as fuck" i put my weight on the tip of my toes to meet his face.

he intertwines our fingers together as he keeps eye contact with me.

"i mean... i try," he takes a small step forward.

his eyes glisten in the morning light as he gazes right into mine.

"oh really?" i challenge him, earning a small smirk.

"mmhm" he hums as his eyes focus on my lips and leans forward.

i close my eyes, tilting my head just a little.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT CHRIS AND SHAWN" austin screams right next to us with his mouth wide open.

i open my eyes and let out a sigh, letting shawn lean back into his normal posture.

before i go to unhook our fingers together, shawn squeezes his hand lightly. we break away from our embrace as we turn to face austin.

"heyyy austin," i try to let go of my hand to hug austin, but shawn willingly pulls himself into an awkward position.

austin's eyebrows furrow and he points towards our hands locked together, "you two a thing now?"

my mind immediately goes blank.

are we a thing? has he said anything about us? does he think we're a thing? what if we're not even talking but we were just about to-

"yeah we're a thing" shawn interrupts my thoughts and flexes our hands together.

i look up to him to see he's already smiling down at me.

"umm alrighty then, i guess i won't third wheel you two" austin awkwardly walks away from us.

i turn back towards shawn and finally let my hand go loose, "so we're a thing now huh?"

shawn's eyes roam around as if he's looking for someone, "nah i just said that so austin could get off our backs."

my eyes dart to the ground and i pull my hair behind my ear, "oh. um yeah i knew that i was just making sure."

"yeah well i gotta get to class, see you at lunch?" he starts to walk backwards and i just nod my head and wave with a smile.

edwin and zion come from behind me, "ouch. that was awkward."

"man shut up, i was just about to say the same thing anyway" i pull back the other side of the hair behind my ear.

"i'm not even going to lie, like i wouldn't lie to you," edwin holds out his hand flat out to make a point, "i thought you two were already hooking up and shit."

i play with my index finger, "no, never. he's shawn.... we would never."

"i guess," edwin says and zion shrugs, "let's get to class?"

zion shuffles over to walk next to me, in the middle of edwin and i.

he leans over to meet my height. "are you sure you're okay?" he whispers so edwin won't hear.

i lean over to see if edwin is paying attention, but he's off saying hi to everyone he sees.

i chuckle and look up to meet zion's eyes, "nothing new, right?"