thirteen

* .✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*.

running off, we turn every corner. left then right then left again until we lost the security guard. leaving the mall and stepping outside, we take a quick breather from all of our laughter.

"oh my gosh, look at us," i say in between laughs as i lift up my soaked shirt from sticking to my body.

my eyes roam to nick to see his soaked dark blue tee hug around his body nicely, defining his muscles.

i shake the feeling out of my head, but nick pulls his shirt over his head and becomes half naked.

"it's too hot out for this" nick twists his shirt to squeeze out all of the water.

"is that really necessary" i ask as i roll my eyes, removing my view from him.

i could hear his light hearted laugh, "you could do it too, we both know you're uncomfortable in that."

i glance at him, a smirk growing on my lips, "you know what, maybe i will."

his eyes grow big, almost as if he's panicking. i grab the opposite sides of the hem of my shirt and slowly lift it off my body.

i fully take it off, letting only my bra and skirt be shown. nick's eyes slowly travel my body up and down.

"you like what you see" i laugh at him and he freezes as soon as he notices that i saw him look at me.

he clears his throat and looks the other way, "so since when did you get boobs?"

"since the tenth grade, clearly you're too busy checking other girls racks anyways" i squeeze all of the water out of my shirt.

nick smiles a toothless smile and shakes his head, "i mean... i'm not denying that."

"aren't you still dating alexys though?" attitude comes out of my mouth unwillingly.

nick looks back down, folding his shirt, "no actually. i broke up with her after the football game."

"why what happe-" i start to say, but my phone began to ring.

"can things stop interrupting me, like damn" i blurt our as i pick up the phone.

"hey chris," shawn's calming voice echoed through the phone, "wanna come over to study for health con?"

i look up to nick scrolling though his phone and running his fingers through his wet hair.

i turn around and walked a few steps farther away so nick couldn't hear anything, "um can we reschedule? i'm a total mess right now and i'm kinda busy."

"ye- yeah, yeah. yeah sure. i was just thinking about you," his voice trails off, letting me hear how nervous he is.

"i've been thinking about you too" i say confidently.

the phone line is silent, but i know he's smiling on the other side.

"well, i'll let you get back to whatever you were doing, i'll text you later" we say our goodbyes and i turn back to nick.

his head raises up from his phone and he turns it off, "do you wanna head out?"

"mm yeah sure let's go" i reply and he guides us to his car.

as nick starts to drive off, i pull my legs into the seat to criss cross them, "are you gonna help out with the senior prank meeting tomorrow?"

"i don't know i think i might have practice,"  he keeps his eyes on the road before us.

i turn the radio volume up a bit, "but it'll be after practice hours."

"okay maybe," he starts, "but i bet the senior prank won't even be that special."

"not if we use my idea though"

"what's your idea then" he takes a second to look me in my eye.

i prop my elbow on the center console of the car and squint my eyes at him, "you really want to know?"

nick nods his head in anticipation and i give in. "i was thinking we could team up with a school nearby and switch places with them. we would switch id's and everything and go to each other's classes until the teachers notice. we would basically trade lives for the day. it would be fun for us to experience different schools before going off the college" i finish telling him my idea and nick smiles at me.

"what" i throw him back a smile.

"nothing, you really thought about this idea huh?" his eyes bounce from me and the road.

i play with the ring on my index finger, "i mean yeah, don't you find it so fun to do any prank as a whole class and not get into a whole lot of trouble? it's our last adventure we do all together and i just want to go out with a bang."

nick shakes his head with a smile etched on his face.

i let out a laugh and jokingly punch the side of his arm, "whAT?!"

"nothing! how are you gonna be able to do any of this anyways? don't the other schools have better stuff to do-"

"shhh shh shh," i stop him and turn the volume of the radio all the way up, "this is my favorite song."

the beat booms through the car and i pretend to play the drums to match the beats.

"someone said they left together," i start to sing softly, "i ran out the door to get her."

"she was holding hands with trevor, not the greatest feeling ever," my body moves with the music and my laughs fill the car.

nick chuckles and gives me a crazed look, "who even is this?"

"tame impala dummy!" i shout so he could hear me over the music and continue to dance, hitting every beat in the song.

"so goodbye," i resume singing, "she said it's not now or never. wait ten years, we'll be together."

i turn towards nick and hold out a pretend microphone in front of me, "i said better late than never, just don't make me wait forever."

nick pulls up to my house as the song continues to play. i step out of the car, but before i close the door, i get in a few more words.

"thank you for today! listen to the song! oh and you better come tomorrow!!" i point out to him and he smiles his toothy smile.

he waves goodbye, "byeeee chris, you can close the door now."

"alright, alright i'm going, see ya nicholas," i close the door and turn around, a smile growing big on my face.