Chap 11 "Proposal"

Neil's POV

"I know," I smiled. "Will you be my date to the hospital's cocktail party tomorrow?"

"Of course," Bee smiled. "You don't even have to ask."

"I ask because I don't want you cancelling your plans for me," I smiled. The night of the cocktail party came, and Bee walked down in a red dress. "Wow, you look gorgeous."

"I would hope so," Bee replied

"I would hope so," Bee replied. "I've been told red is my color."

"It is," I replied. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," Bee looked at me and nodded. "Alright, Dad. We're heading out."

"You kids have fun," Jason stated from up the stairs.

"Yes, sir," I smiled. I opened the door and there stood Audrey. "Audrey?"

"Dr. Lim," Bee smiled. "Are you making house calls now?"

"Wait, you're living with a patient?" Audrey asked.

"She's not my patient and she wasn't ever yours, so why does it matter?" I asked. "She's my girlfriend. So, if you'll excuse us, we have a party to attend." Audrey followed us out to my Tesla. "Do we have something to discuss?" I opened the passenger side door and Bee got in. I closed the door for her. "Why are you here?"

"Your transfer," Audrey stated as she followed me to my side of the car

"Your transfer," Audrey stated as she followed me to my side of the car. "Why did you transfer?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked. "I moved here for her."

"A girl you barely met?" Audrey asked.

"For a woman I love," I looked at Audrey. "Me and you tried dating and that didn't work out too well. I had to move on. Here, I can do my job without having to worry about her." I opened my door. "Tell them I miss them, but I'm not going back." I got into the car and started driving. "Are you okay?"

"Why was she here?" Bee asked.

"She wanted be to go back to Saint Bonaventure," I replied. "But I'm not. I'm staying here for you and Catherine." Her phone rang and she looked at it. "Work?"