Chap 8 "Life Changes"

Bee's POV

I walked into the conference room and everyone looked at me. "What?" I asked. "I thought I had the night off."

"You didn't go see the kids looking like that, did you?" JJ asked.

"No," I nodded. "I went in my costume."

"Sorry to have called you in," Prentiss stated. "We really need you on this case."

"It's fine," I replied. "Let's get started."

"My two undercovers," Prentiss pointed at Matt and I. "Let's fake a wedding."

"What?" Matt and I stated at the same time.

"Who's house are we using?" Matt asked.

"We've set up a safe house," Prentiss nodded.

"We don't even have pictures," I replied.

"Yes, you do," Garcia smiled. "You're talking to the queen of photoshop." I looked at her. "The safe house is full of photos of the two of you."

"Wow, okay," Matt sighed.

"Okay, what are our occupations?" I asked. Prentiss handed me a file and I opened it to the first page. I read what my job was. "Uhm, Em, I don't wanna question your judgement but really?" I looked at her. "A lawyer? A criminal lawyer?"

"It's not real but we had the profile just real enough for our unsub to believe it," Prentiss nodded. "Matt is a surgical resident at Mary Washington Hospital and there's a gala tonight."

"Aren't we already late?" I asked.

"Yes, but it does end at midnight and you have a thirty minute drive," Prentiss smiled. "Bee, I've chosen your dress. It's in your office."

"Okay," I sighed. I went to my office and closed the door. I closed the blinds and locked my door. I opened the garment bag. "Oh my God." I got the dress on and met my team in the conference room. "Really, Prentiss?"

"I thought that dress would look great on you," Prentiss nodded

"I thought that dress would look great on you," Prentiss nodded. "I was right. Champagne is your color."

"I didn't think I'd have my boobs out for the rest of the night," I replied. "Couldn't you find something a little more modest where my cleavage was?"

"It's too late now," JJ sighed. "Off you go."

"Yeah," I sighed. Matt and I got in an SUV and he was driving. "Tell me, is this undercover thing really worth it to you?"

"I enjoy it," Matt nodded. "Don't you?"

"I just don't need you getting the wrong idea," I replied.

"We're both happily married to someone who loves us and waits at home for us to come back," Matt smiled. "I wouldn't trade her for the world. So, with that being said, us doing this is only part of the job. Nothing more." He held my hand. "Playing the part is easy for both of us. You're an actress."