Chap 3 "Hate Change"

Bee's POV

"You give us way too much credit in the kitchen," I smiled. The two years had passed by quickly. My phone rang and I went to my room and picked it up. "Hey, Hector. What's up?"

"Nothing," Hector replied.

"Are you in a hotel room?" I asked.

"No, and that's what I'm calling you about," Hector sighed. "I'm not going to make it to your wedding."

"You have a week left," I looked at him. "I'm sure my dad and I could pay for your plane ticket. No ranger left behind, remember?"

"No, Bee, I can't see you marry the wrong man," Hector sighed. "I'm sorry. I gotta go."

"Wait," I stated, but he hung up. "Daddy?!"

"What's wrong?" Dad asked as he poked his head in.

"Sundae," I stated our code word.

"Okay," Dad left the room.

"Why?" I asked. I got in bed and pulled the covers over me. Dad walked in with a pint of ice cream. "Thank you."

"Yeah," Dad nodded. I sat up against my headboard and he sat next to me. He handed me a spoon and he got himself a spoon too. "Why are you sad?"

"Do I not have a right to be?" I asked.

"You do, I just don't know why you are," Dad sighed. He opened the ice cream and I took small bites. "Bee, you have an amazing fiancé that I actually approve of. You're getting married soon. What's wrong?"

"Well, Hector," I sighed.

"What about him?"

"He told me he can't see me marrying the wrong guy."

"He said that?"

"Dad, Do you know how much that hurt me? Hector was like my best friend. For him to say that, it hurt me bad. I've been with Cam for five years," I let a tear go. "I know I've only known Hector for two but we're family and for a ranger to say that, I don't know."

"So, you don't know if you should go through with the wedding?"

"Yes," I replied. Dad took the ice cream from me and sat it in my nightstand. He hugged me. It was one of those hugs that I was little. I missed those hugs. He held on as I hugged him. "I miss these moments, Dad."

"Well, you moved away for college," Dad sighed. "I had to let you go, but I'm here now."

"Can you go with me to church tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'm going to sing my favorite song tomorrow," I nodded. He gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Dad, are you 100% sure that Cam is the guy you want me to spend the rest of my life with?"

"I know he's going to take care of you."

"What if I need my dad?"

"I'm right here," Dad pointed at my heart. "Or, you know, there's a thing called a cell phone."

"Stop," I smiled a small smile. "I'm trying to be sad."

"It's my job to make you happy," Dad replied. "Do you want me to leave you alone?"

"I'm a bit hungry. I think the ice cream is melted."

"Yeah," Dad looked at the ice cream. "I'm going to take this and throw it away. Then, I'll make you my secret menu."

"You're going to make your mac and cheese lasagna?"

"Just for you."

"I love you, Dad."