Seventeen

I was a bit nervous.

Through out the rest of the day, I kept thinking of the little bag housing the secret thing I had bought. Going shopping with Danny had been hilarious and just plain wonderful. Danny didn't bat an eye when people turned to stare at us.

My cheeks were burning red as we walked through the store of La Senza. Danny had put a little bit of everything into his small basket while I just looked around. I saw somethings I'd like but nothing actually made me want to pull them off the rack. So I had kept looking until I found it.

The thing resting in my bag in the employees' room.

There was no one in the store and the clock was going to read six o'clock in three, two, one. I practically leapt out of my seat when I saw that. It was closing time. I was buzzing with so much excitement. I quickly hopped over to the door and turned the tag from open to closed. When I turned around, Jimmy was already making his way to the employee's room, pulling off the waist-apron he had on. I turned off the smaller lights and left just the main one. Stanley was still in his office and Charles was going to drop by pretty soon.

I made my way to Stanley's office, knocked before pushing the door open. The older man was on the phone, papers strewn around the table. I whisper to him, telling him it was closing time. He gives me a nod and tapped his fingers against his lips as a sign for thank you.

Since I knew how prompt Hal was, he was definitely going to be standing in front of the store by the time I get out. I quickly take off my apron, made sure I was with my phone and wallet before grabbing my bag.

"See you tomorrow, Jimmy." I said to jimmy who was bent forward, trying to tie his shoelaces.

"You too, Jay." Jimmy said in reply.

With my bag and nothing else to do, I walk out of the employee's room. I walked through the store and the closer I got to the door, I could see Hal already standing there, hands stuffed in his pockets, looking every bit as the most gorgeous man ever. My boyfriend, everyone.

I pushed the door open and got out, making a beeline for Hal. He gives me a blinding smile, eyes raking over my body, stopping briefly at the shoes before looking back up at me. Every fucking time. He makes me go soft. Every lingering gaze made me feel so special, every lingering gaze made me feel...beautiful.

"Hal!" I found myself nearly yelling.

It seemed like his smile got a thousand times brighter. He held his arms out and I close the distance between us, winding my arms around his neck, my lips meeting his in a kiss, his hands settling on my ass. It's soft and feels like coming home, tingles everywhere, my knees turning to jelly.

"Hi." I said when we pull apart, with just enough space that our nose still brushed.

"Hey, darling. How was your day?" Hal asked, hands sliding up my ass to settle on my waist, squeezing a bit.

"Really good. I had lunch with Danny and came back to the store." I replied and then add. "How was yours?"

"Meetings upon meetings and I missed you." Hal replied, tilting his head up to press a kiss to my forehead. "I give today a forty over hundred." Hal said and I pout, my fingers playing with the hair at the back of his head.

"H, want me to make you feel better?" I asked him, smiling at openly and happily as I could.

"I already feel a hundred percent better with you in my arms, darling."

"Flattery will get you nowhere." I pouted, trying to pull myself out of his grip.

"I beg to differ."