Thirty Seven

It's funny

It's funny.

Hal and I have been together for five months now and it has been so perfect. I looked away from my phone, smiling like a loon. With my elbow resting on the table, I pleased my cheek in my hand and just stared forward.

I only had a few more minutes before it's five and then it's closing time for me. Hal and I have been texting through the entire day. Actually scratch that, Hal and I have been texting every day since we started dating, making sure I was fine and I had eaten and if I had been good. I do the same to him, making sure he doesn't get too stressed and start sending him memes when he gets a little strained until I know he's laughing. I get this little tingle. It's my own brand of spidey-sense. Jokes, pick up lines that Hal always sends me and so much more.

We were dating, have been for months yet Hal sends me all these corny lines that make me laugh out loud or shake my head fondly. I am in love with a silly man. Once it was four fifty, I flipped the sign to close while Diego and I put off all the lights and locked where was meant to be locked.

When I stepped out of the store, I found Hal leaning against the car. His sleek black Audi. He had on a white shirt, dark blue suit with just one button to the side and white sneakers. He pulled it off. Hal could wrap himself in a bin bag and he would make it look good.

I broke off into a run, smiling at the man who already had his arms spread out and a big smile on his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my head turned to the side as I hugged him

"Love of my life..."

"Hi." I replied, pulling back so I could smile up to him. "Hi, love of my life."

Hal's smile was big. It was blinding and it was because of me. Me. I go on my tip toes and kissed him, pressing our lips together for something caste and light, Hal's arms around my waist.

We pulled apart after a bit and just looked at each other. Hal's gaze dropped to my collar. The jewelry wrapped around my neck.

"Stop looking at me like that..." I told him, my fingers moving up to play with his hair.

"Like what?" He asked with a smug look on his face.

"You know..."

"I really don't." Hal said with a chuckle. We don't stand there for too long. Hal open the door for me and I got into the car while he made his way over to the other side and got in. Like always he does my seat belt for me, pressing a kiss to my cheek before turning on the engine.

"I might have gotten you something."

"What thing?" I asked Hal.

"Actually it's two things. How do you feel about traveling?" Hal asked.

"Love it. I haven't actually traveled but I used to always look at those travel magazines and flip through the pages to look at this white beaches with blue blue skies." I said and Hal nodded along.