Nineteen

Hal

Hal.

An angel.

Jesse was an angel. I raised a hand to his face, brushing his hair back so I could see his face. He was breathing softly, his lips parted a bit.

My angel.

Last night and this morning had been perfect. He had been pliant and warm underneath me, taking and pushing back when he needed more. He was just perfect.

Jesse was lying down, half of his face smushed into the pillow, the purple duvet covering his ass. His his back, his legs, his beauty bathed by the sunlight coming in through the windows. I felt like I was holding my breath, I felt like I wasn't sure what I was holding my breath, like breathing would suddenly wake him up or sully his perfection.

I was startled out of my musings by a vibrating sound. I search around, quickly reaching for it so it doesn't wake Jesse from his sleep. I hit the volume down button to stop the vibration.

I resist the urge to cuss when I see the caller id. Chris. Mentally fighting down a sigh, I put my phone on airplane mode and tossed it to the side.

"Whozzit?" Jesse asked, drawing my attention back to him.

"Nobody important."

"Oh. Good." Jesse said, his eyes still closed. Since my eight o seven alarm hadn't gone off yet, I knew there was still time for Jesse to get up and get ready.

"Rise and shine, Jesse." I said, moving closer so I could nudge my nose against his cheek. Jesse whines for a couple seconds and stops. I nudge him again and this time I get a giggle.

"Let me sleep." Jesse whined.

"You've got work and so do I."

"I can't feel my legs." Jesse said, finally blinking his eyes open. Staring into those blue eyes of his... there were no words to describe how gorgeous they were and how they made me feel.

I found myself smirking at his words. He couldn't feel his legs. He was definitely going to feel it when he sits and when he walks. I took pride in knowing he was going to remember me all day long.

"If you don't get up, I'm going to carry you."

"I'm not gonna say no to that."

It made me happy knowing that I was coaxing Jesse out of his shell little by little. I don't think I've ever been this happy. I tugged on the duvet covering his bum. I let out a loud laugh when Jesse tries to cover up, pulling himself into a sitting position.

I watched him, the hickeys littering his skin, especially his neck. His hair was pointing every which way, eyes a little swollen from sleep, his cheeks a soft shade of pink. Like I said. An angel.

"Stop staring at me like that."

"Like what?" I asked, hands reaching for my boy. I pull him closer to me, my fingers pressed to his warm skin as I look at him.