Twenty Five

When I got up, my head hurt like I had taken a hammer to it and even blinking hurts

When I got up, my head hurt like I had taken a hammer to it and even blinking hurts. It's then I noticed I wasn't at home. I wasn't looking at the cream walls of my bedroom. I was looking at white walls. I looked down at the sheets and frowned.

They were so soft and they smelt like Hal.

Oh-

Oh god.

I tried to scramble out of the bed but I ended up tumbling to the ground and I was in a whole new world of pain. I was on the floor when the door to the room was pushed open and Hal stepped in. He had on just plaid pajama pants and he was holding a bottle of water and some medicine.

What do you say to a person who you threw up on and kinda want to break up with? I wanted the floor to open up an swallow me. I still laid on the ground and watched Hal place the water and the pills on the table.

Hal doesn't say a word. He simply slides a hand underneath my knees and another around my middle and lifts me up, placing me gently on the bed.

"H..."

"Drink, use the painkillers and we'll talk." He said and I don't even know how to place his tone. Was he angry? Or sad? Or mad? Well, judging by the tick in his jaw. I'm going with mad.

My ass was going to get it.

I did as he asked and he nods.

"I'm gonna use the toilet."

"I'll be in the kitchen. I made you breakfast." Hal said and I nod before getting off the bed. I almost ran into the bathroom. I pick my brush, squeeze out the paste and aggressively brush my teeth. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. How was I going to do this? What exactly would I should I say? How should I say this?

Fudge! It feels like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. I just couldn't delay it anymore. I had to go back to living my life and Hal has to go back to his perfect world.

So yeah. I was going to do it!

While in there I also had a quick shower and since I had nothing to wear, I borrowed one of Hal's many graphic tees, and boxers. I folded my clothes neatly and held them as I walked out of the room. Immediately I stepped out of the room, I was hit with the smell of pancakes and something chocolatey.

In the kitchen Hal's back was to me as he took out something from the fridge. Silence between the two of us has always been comfortable but right then, I just wanted to run away from it.

Hal took out the carton of juice and placed it on the table.

"H..."

"We are going to talk but I'm going to need you to eat first."

"What about you? Have you eaten?" The words were out of my mouth before I could stop it. Fudge it! I wasn't meant to ask that. That just showed I care. Ugh. No. The last thing I wanted was to be the stain on Hal's metaphorical white suit.