Twenty Eight

Hal

Hal.

Jesse was in the naughty corner, facing the wall.

He had on a long legged onesie with the hood pulled over his head. I was seated on the couch, a magazine opened on my lap. I pretended to be engrossed in the magazine whenever Jesse turned his head around to pout at me but I watch him when he turns back to face the wall.

I left the mess he had made so that when the time was up, he'd clean it up. My baby boy has managed to finger paint my marble floors, every color of the rainbow. After telling him to face the wall, I had taken a couple of pictures and sent some to Jeff who replied with a laughing emoji.

My phone vibrates against the couch and I looked down at it. His time in the naughty corner was up.

"Baby you can come out now." I said. I wasn't even done talking when Jesse turns around and ran right to me, giving me little time to toss the shit magazine aside and accommodate him on my lap. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pressed his nose against mine.

"Are you angwy with me daddy?" He asked and I rub my nose against his.

"Never, baby. But you were naughty."

Jesse sighed and pressed a kiss against my cheek, resting his head against mine. My adorable boy.

"Daddy can we bake a cake?" Jesse asked me and I hummed, trying to remember if we had everything we needed in order to bake. There was nothing.

"We're going to have to go shopping, kitten."

"Yeow." Jesses tried to meow and my heart grows to twice it's size.

"It's meow."

"It's yeow, silly daddy." Jesse giggled, poking my face with his fingers.

"Daddy was being silly." I agreed.

"Say yeow, daddy." Jesse said, cupping my face in his two hands. His face so close to mine, blue hair almost in my eyes. I raise my hands and adjust his hair a bit, bopping his nose twice.

"Nope."

"Pweeeeease..."

"Yeow."

"More loud!"

I chuckled at his energy but tried to say yeow as loudly as I could. He was so pleased he let out a loud squeal. It took us about ten minutes to get ready to go to the store. Jesse has refused to change out of his onesie so I made him put on some Adidas slides and held his hands as we walked out the house.

The nearest store was fifteen minutes away from the house and it was a beautiful day out so we walked. My home was five minutes away from the next house it was spaced out wonderfully with trees and flowers, quiet and scenic.