Forty

It has been the best thing ever.

This vacation has been the best experience ever. We've been here for nine days and it's the best. I don't even know or care about the number of times i said best.

Since today was the last day, Hal told me to get ready, he had something planned and I was so pumped. I pulled on a pair of washed blue vintage jeans rolled up at the ankles and a burgundy crop top that Hal had bought from one of those kiosks we walked around on Wednesday.

My hair was still styled and falling into my eyes, still purple and it still looked good. I pushed my phone into my back pocket and finally stepped out of the room. Hal had his back turned to me and he was tapping on his phone and I walked over to him.

Hal turned around before I could reach him and I silently gasped. Hal looked good. So good. Do we have to go out?

My man had on blue jeans, a Henley that hugged him in all the right places, his hair styled in a side pattern and he had on his glasses.

"Darling you look...." Hal said, cutting himself off and holding his hand out to me. I slipped my hand into his and moved closer, resting my left palm on his chest.

"Hal, I don't think you know just how gorgeous you are." I said, running my hand down his chest. "Especially your glasses."

"Lovely, I could say the same thing about you." Hal said with a big smile. I don't even notice until later on that we were swaying, dancing with the music coming from our hearts.

He trails a hand down my arms, linked our fingers and tried to twirl me with it. I couldn't help the giggles I let out, my man was just a silly silly bunny.

"Come on, darling. Let's go."

With our hands still linked together, we made our way out of the house and towards the gold cart given to us by the hotel. Helena Bay Lodge looked gorgeous at night, all the fairy lights, all the green grasses and flowers, the cool breeze coming from the beach.

I stretched my arms out, sighing loudly and smiling as big as I could. I felt so free, so relaxed, so happy and I just loved every minute of it.

"You're going to crash the cart." I said to Hal when I noticed him staring at me.

"I will do no such thing."

"You are gonna."

"You are distracting me with your beauty, what do you expect to happen?" Hal asked and I couldn't hold back the laughter. Hal was silly and always have been and I also had a feeling that he would always be silly.

"You are very cheesy, have I told you that?"

"You have but you also said you loved it." Hal replied, looking at me with a smug expression on his face. I could feel the heat in my cheeks and I playfully flared at Hal.

"I don't like you today."

"I love you too, darling." Hal said with a soft laugh. Ahh, I loved his laugh. Loved everything about this gorgeous man to be honest. I placed my hand on his thigh and kept it there while he drove.

Hal continues driving up hill and I let out a gasp when I see the view. We had a beautiful view of the beach from our room and during our adventures we also saw other beautiful scenery but this... this was exquisite. It was breathtaking.

"Hal..."

"I wanted to show you something that's almost as gorgeous as you are. You are the most beautiful boy I have ever seen, ever met and ever will meet. You staying by my side is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I love you so so much." Hal said, pulling to a stop.