Peer Troubles!

You sat near the fountain with a book opened in your lap. Anyone who saw you would think you were reading an interesting book; you seemed highly intrigued on what was on the pages. But you were lost in separate thoughts not related to the piece of literature at all.

You had recently been getting bullied by class A students all because a girl named Aiko was jealous of you talking to Kouta. There was a lot of verbal abuse and she always tried to win Kouta's attention. Which, in return, would make you jealous.

"She is really pretty... Her hair looks nice all green and short. And she has a nice shape. She always gives Kouta nosebleeds.. So he too must think she's attractive... But I'm smarter.. And I can be cute too... Right?"

Though you had your moments with Kouta, it wasn't like that everyday of the week. You focused on your studies and he on his photography. You had also noticed that he seemed to be good friends with Aiko.

You closed your book and stood up collecting all your things as soon as you saw a group of class A students walking towards you and hurried off to class.

You walked back into the school building with a smile but stopped at the entrance to your class. Inside , in the usual spot where your friends hung out , she stood. Green hair , brown eyes, cheerful attitude. She was talking to Kouta and the rest of the group before leaning over to Kouta very casually and saying something. You weren't able to grasp what she said but it must have been inappropriate since Kouta got an instant nosebleed and fell over. You rolled your eyes and pulled out a tissue box from your backpack. You sat next to the fallen Kouta and placed his head on your lap before helping him cleanup.

As you did so, you felt Aiko stare at you. When you looked up she smiled and said, "Oh, ________. I've been meaning to ask, you're Mr.( fathers last name)'s daughter right?"

You simply nodded as a reply.

"Wow, he's such a great teacher. Really smart and all. He must feel awfully embarrassed to have a class F daughter." She stood up and left before you could say anything. All you did was let out a sigh. It had started to become a daily thing, being bullied.

"She clearly doesn't know that I'm the smartest student in this school right now." you whispered to yourself.

You didn't want to say you hated her because you hadn't officially met her yet. Maybe she was just blinded by jealousy but really was a nice person, you would tell yourself. But she managed to get on your nerves fairly well. It also seemed that whenever she was around, Kouta would instantly take out his camera and later get a nosebleed.

"Hey ________. You ok? You seem to be thinking a lot." Akihisa walked over to you but as soon as he caught a glimpse of Kouta he started to freak out.

"Kouta, who did this to you?!"

You rolled your eyes and put away the tissue box. As you sat down in your seat Minami and Himeji sat down beside you.

"________, Akihisa has a point. You seem out of it a lot lately."

"Yea, is something bothering you? You can tell us you know."

"I ... I don't know. I would like to tell you but we could be heard... Maybe later I'll look for you and tell you."

You had learned in America that telling someone when you were being bullied only made things worse.

They nodded and decided to give you some distance.

You directed your stare from your table to Kouta, who seemed to be distracted with the girls outside. Though he took pictures of other girls, and Aiko only seemed to tease him, you could tell that the relationship they had was something important. Just like his friendship with the others in the group. It was something unbreakable, that had taken years to build. You were his best friend. But you left for seven years. During that time it would have been normal for him to make other friends and form tight bonds with them. It would also have been normal for the friendship you had with him to fade. Which it did.