Chapter 3: muffins and exes

🌼✨🌙𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑺𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆𝒔🌼✨🌙

After looking at her change, I left her apartment and quickly walked down the stairs, skipping a few steps every now and then. This girl was driving me crazy. I quickly jumped into my car and drove to the nearest Starbucks. Luckily her place was kind of close to mine, so I knew where to find a Starbucks.

I ordered two muffins and two cups of coffee and returned back to my car. I checked my phone before driving away.

Laila had texted me.

'Hi honeybun, how have you been doing baby? Our argument was really pointless, wasn't it? It's been like 3 months, please come over? xx I love you babe'

'Hey Laila, I'm sorry but I am not coming back to you, and I mean this in the least offensive way, but I don't think you and I make a good couple. Besides, I have found someone else to love now. I hope you will be okay. x H'

I tried to keep it as nice as possible, but I was not going to let Dana go because this girl suddenly wants me back. Besides, I bet she has been sleeping around with guys since the day we broke up.

She didn't reply nor read the message so I decided to head back to Dana's apartment.

I rang the doorbell and when she answered I happily spoke into the microphone "warm coffee and muffins!"

"Yeah please come up I think we got a problem" she spoke with her tone down.

"What's wrong?"

"Just come up please"

A buzz announced that she had opened the front door for me and I quickly went up the stairs to her apartment. A guy with short black hair stood in front of her door, knocking on it. He looked very mad and kept knocking louder and louder.

"Hi excuse me, can I help you?" I asked

He seemed to calm his temper "Oh, sorry, it's nothing. My girlfriend and I got in a sort of argument"

"Oh, I don't think you're at the right door then"

"I am, I know where my girlfriend lives, now thank you for leaving"

"I'm actually here for her, I was just getting her breakfast so if you'd please let me in I would appreciate that, the coffee's getting cold."

He stared at me for a while before stepping back. "Wh- what do you mean?"

"I mean, if you could just go home so we can have our breakfast"

His eyes filled with rage as he started yelling "WHAT DO YOU MEAN GO HOME! SHE'S MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND WHY DID YOU GET HER FUCKING BREAKFAST!"

"Hey easy, easy, calm down" I tried to calm down this guy, that I assumed was named Nick.

I heard a door open and before I could process what was happening I heard the annoying voice ringing in my ears.

"Oh, baby! You decided to come! I love you so much! You bought me breakfast?"

Nick and I both looked her way, both widening our eyes.

"Nick? What are you doing here?"

Nick stepped towards Laila and started talking to her about something I couldn't hear. I used the moment to softly knock on Dana's door.

"Dana? It's me, sweetheart, I'm here, please open the door for me would you darling?"

The door opened a tiny little bit before I quickly snuck in and closed the door behind me. I set the muffins and the coffee on the counter before turning back around to Dana. She looked clueless about what to do or say so I stepped closer to her, engulfing her in my arms and hugging her tightly.