nine

FEBRUARY 14TH, 2016
Sunday
7:23pm

even after her talk with alex — and she guesses dom — she still hadn't approached david to tell him off about his behavior. not that she was trying to avoid doing that, per se. she just hasn't gotten the right opportunity yet. every time she's tried to confront him he always ends up getting easily distracted by something else. not that that was his fault, either. as each day went on that boy seemed to become more and more popular by the minute. so if communicating with him was out, then it was always the next best thing.

avoidation.

okay. maybe that might sound like [name] was going down the wrong path in her current situation, but hear her out. if she wasn't able to talk to david in private about his behavior, he's just only going to make it harder for [name]. she's just going to fall deeper into this pit of feelings she's already thrown herself into long ago. avoiding david and spending less time with him as she usually does could help make her feelings for him disappear. she'd have an easier time giving up on him and moving on to someone else, david could happily be with liza and not have to look over his shoulder from his paranoia with [name] anymore. it's a win-win, really. and no communication whatsoever? that's just a bonus for [name]. she's always hated confrontation.

it's been almost two weeks since the last time [name] had hung out with david. a excruciatingly long, dreadful two weeks. there had been spammed texts and and missed phonecalls during the beginning of the distancing, and it only died done around one week into her isolation. of course, she kept in touch with corinna and some of david's other friends who she had eventually gotten numbers from. they'd occasionally mention to her that "david says hi" or "david wants to know if you're free". she's always said that she says hi back, but also that she was busy and couldn't hangout. she would have told them that she didn't want to speak to david at all, but they didn't know her and david's situation. corinna slightly knows about the situation and that there's a guy out there who's involved, just not knowing it was one of her closest friends.

there had even been times where [name] would be leaving hooters and see the familiar white corolla parked near the entrance of the building. [name] would have to spin right on her heel back into the restaurant and have to ask the chefs if she could exit from the back door. that still happens periodically now, but in the beginning it was basically every other day. she's pretty sure that the chiefs in the back were a little annoyed by this at first, but they've slowly grown used to her doing this she's done it so much.

it was horrible, really. david was making it so difficult for [name] to get over him when he kept on trying to come back into her life. she didn't want to be lying in bed awake at night anymore thinking about what could have been with him if he had never started dating liza. she always felt guilt for thinking this. liza was such an amazing girl, and david seemed to be so happy with her. she's told herself a million times over and over again that she never wanted to be considered a home wrecker. it was time for her to actually start the process of moving on, whether she liked it or not.

"so," [name] starts, panning her camera over at zane, "tell me about you and heath. how did this dynamic duo start?"

zane smiled, "well, we used to go to school together. and we actually hated each other."

"shut the fuck up. there's no way." [name] said. she pans the camera over to carly and gabbie. carly nodded her head in agreement with zane while gabbie gave her a light-hearted shrug. [name] turns her camera back over to zane, "you guys are like— best friends now. how?"