Chapter 6

Marinette's POV

I turned onto my side and sighed, not quite willing to leave the peaceful land of dreams. My eyes cracked open reluctantly to see Tikki sleeping peacefully on my pink pillow beside me. No voice called for me to wake up, so I almost dozed back to sleep until I realized,
This isn't my bed!

I quickly sat straight up, my eyes wide open, but I immediately regretted it. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, black spots dancing around my vision, a raging headache clouding my thoughts. I sat there for a moment, blinking a few times to clear my sight. I yawned as the events from last night slowly came back to me.

A tear trickled down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away as Tikki woke up. I glanced around the room as she got up and flew in front of me.
"Mei-er, Marinette! You're finally awake!" I smiled at her,
"Yeah." I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean 'finally'? It's only," I grabbed my phone from the shelf next to my bed, disregarding the 64 messages for now, "3 pm?! On Sunday?! How'd I sleep so long?"

I threw my blanket to the side and cried out in pain, I had forgotten about the burns on my arms. I winced as I looked at my forearms, the burns so intense they looked like they were painted on. I activated my powers and felt my eyes flicker to life, my magic still weak from our escape. It was enough though to heal my burns, at least so they became invisible, but they were still tender to the touch.

I scrambled out of bed and down my steps to run over to my closet. I looked through my closet and threw on a plain pink, knee length, short sleeve dress with a black belt.
"Calm down, Marinette. You crashed because of the quim, remember?" I stopped my frenzied run around my room and sighed,
"Right. But still, I should probably get downstairs. I'm starving." As if on cue, my stomach growled loudly, and Tikki and I laughed as we left the room.

"Good morning!" I said in Chinese, walking into the bakery. No customers were there but everything was fully stocked.
"Marinette! You're finally up! Li walked over to me and dragged me over to a chair, speaking French. His hair was shorter, but not as neat as he usually had it. His clothes were a completely different style too. My mother was at the table as well, with my Uncle Louis.

"Good morning, Marinette. We were just about to open. But we need to do your transformation first. Don't forget, we're speaking French now, ma cheri."
"Right, sorry." I apologized, switching my tongue to French.
"Ok, Marinette. We have a lot to go through." Louis told me.

I nodded, ready to take on his instructions.
"First thing's first, you should probably heal your burns and Felix's." He looked at my arms, "Well, that's good, you've done it yourself already."
"Yeah. It isn't a complete heal." I warned, turning to hold Felix's arms in my hands. He nodded as my eyes lit up again and his arms were wrapped in my red energy. Slowly, the red marks faded away, and his arms looked like normal.

"Awesome! Thanks, Mari."
"Alright, now that you both are well, time for the first step of your transformation, you need to cut your hair." I sighed, I figured he would say that. My long hair was one of my most recognizable features.
"You can do that, right?"

"Yeah." I got up and walked into the back, I hadn't cut hair before, but with my powers it shouldn't be too difficult. Felix entered behind me and gave me a reassuring smile. There were barber scissors on the table, and a pile of brown hair on the floor, probably from Felix.

"How short do you think?" I asked him. "Your hair looks quite nice. You'll be quite the ladies' man." I giggled, ruffling his hair. Felix swatted my hand away and smoothed his hair down.

"Tch. Thanks," He took a step back and looked at my hair. After a second he put his hand right on my shoulder, "Hmm. Right here." He told me, nodding. I gasped,
"That short?!"
"You have to be unrecognizable." Felix reasoned, I looked at him and sighed.
"Fine." I relented, spraying my hair with a spray bottle, activating my powers and making the scissors float over behind my head.