New Friends

Hassiel is introduced to the three people that had fought the Merrow with him. The tall, furbolg man with blonde hair and dark skin introduced himself as Kurl. He was dressed in fine clothing and he had an amused look on his face. With him was a Tan elven male with blotchy skin and dark hair, he introduced himself as Soap. The large, three foot tall bird in a cloak was named Baby. Lastly, The half Elven girl was named Elm. 

After their brief introduction they were escorted to a government building. A woman awards each of them with ten pieces of gold for killing the Merrows. Kurl then gives a more formal greeting and shakes Elm and Hassiel's hands. They all head back to "The Drunken Mule" as new friends. They decide to all get drinks together. 

They sit down in a large booth in the back corner. Soap orders a special drink for both him and Hassiel. Hassiel and soap chug drink after drink. They all talk and get to know each other until Hassiel is the only one up. Hassiel continues to drink and sob loudly. The Tavern staff begin to get impatient with him. Hassiel finally allows himself to go to bed. 

....

Hassiel joins the others for breakfast before they decide to head to "Pleasant Pastries". When they get there the shop appears to be closed. Kurl knocks on the door, calling out to the owner, Soona. She finally answers the door but she appears to be disheveled and her eyes red and puffy. She pulls everyone inside and Hassiel sees that the shop is a complete wreck. 

The furniture is moved out of place and the bakery seems trashed. Soona explains through tears that the small halfling child, Pebbles has gone missing. There was a clear sign of struggle as Hassiel scanned the Bakery. 

Soona wrapped herself in a scarf and put on a fake smile and they all head back to the town hall. The meet with the government officials again and it is revealed that several people have gone missing already. It was believed that they were taken to the island in the middle of the lake. 

Without hesitation the group offer to go to the island in the middle of the lake. The guards supply them with things that are needed for the journey. Two guards decide to go with the group, Donna and Tifius.