tanaka ryūnosuke: yes

we all wear scars,
find someone
who makes yours feel beautiful
- atticus

we all wear scars,find someonewho makes yours feel beautiful- atticus

•••

i nervously palm at the engagement ring in my pocket. i had been planning this for weeks. it was date night- and it was also my night to pick what we did.

as simple as it sounded i wanted nothing more then to stay in and watch a movie. it wasn't often we got to stay in and have time to ourselves, especially with the kids.

"ryū," i say, pulling myself up from the sofa. "do you want anything to eat?"

"do we still have those popsicles?" he responds, looking away from the movie to towards me.

"i think so," i rely, getting up from the couch.

i walked into the kitchen quietly, grabbing two popsicles from the refrigerator. as i pulled out the packages i carefully tucked an engagement ring on the top.

i had wanted things to move faster for a long time, and i knew the only way to do that was to take things into my own hands.

"ryū," i say, getting down on one knee. as cheesy as this was, i wanted it, and that was enough. "come to the kitchen for a second."

he doesn't respond, but i know when i hear footsteps against the floor it's him. he turns the corner of the kitchen, moving around the island to see me, kneeling on the floor.

"marry me!" i holler, not really having planned this out. it sounded childish and crazy, but i had already said it, and there was no going back.

"ah," tanaka chuckles, and i watch him reach into the pocket of his robe, giggling his ass off. "marry me?"

he pulls out an engagement box, and pops the lid open. i look flabbergasted for a minute, but we both end up laughing hysterically.

"i guess that's an automatic yes, hey ryū?"

•••