daichi sawamura: goofball

the irony of loneliness
is we all feel it
at the same time
- rupi kaur

the irony of lonelinessis we all feel itat the same time- rupi kaur

•••

   i carefully held daichis hand as we walked through the pumpkin patch. the ground was littered with thousands of them, and you bet i was looking for the perfect one.

   daichi has settled on a close second place. the pumpkin was small, but otherwise perfectly round. there was barely any markings on it, and when he first picked it out i vowed to find one better then his.

   "brr," i whispered, rubbing my hands up and down my arms. i hadn't noticed it was getting cold, and daichi placed his coat over mine gently.

   "stay warm," he chuckled, patting my back. "you should've brought a jacket."

   "sorry daichi," i chuckled, before finally rolling a pumpkin over.

   it was perfect, and i happily smacked the pumpkin. daichi softly chuckled at the notion, and i turned to him with a bright smile on my lips.

   "it's perfect!"

•••••

   i put my pumpkin on the table gently, watching as daichi brought over the carving utensils. normally i wasn't so ecstatic about carving pumpkins, but when i found out the team was competing against each other i couldn't hold myself back.

   i wanted nothing more then to beat them. aside from daichi of course, who really just deserved the world.

"so, whatddya say we get stayed?" i ask, grabbing one of the tools from off of the table.

   "i say yes." he carefully responds, giving me one of those sweet smiles.

   pumpkin carving went by slower then i thought, and by hour two i had barely gotten half way through. i visibly sighed, and daichi smiled at me.

   "need some help?" he asked, grabbing the pumpkin from beside me. i bitterly look at him as he looks at the carving on the pumpkin.

   i was embarrassed. the sculpted image on the pumpkin was of daichi, and he looked like he was holding in a laugh as he looked at it.

   "it's bad, huh?" i chuckle, holding my hand out and making a grabby motion.

   he puts it down on the table, and i walk into the kitchen, grabbing the bowl of pumpkin guts.

   "think fast!" i holler, grabbing a chunk of pumpkin and throwing it towards him. it hits him, and he groans before starting to chase after me. i hadn't noticed myself putting the bowl down.

   i don't feel the guts on my back until i'm pressed to the ground, daichi smearing guts on my face. i sigh, before pressing our lips together in an attempt to get him dirty too. he laughs, before kissing me back.

   "you goofball."

•••