Happy Beginnings

Well this movie ruined me.. ALSO DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET! ONCE YOU DO COME BACK AND READ! Now this chapter is at least a year or a couple months before Thanos comes. Enjoy! ~M🐺🎈

This chapter is basically just a prologue. It goes a bit deeper into our characters and builds a foundation for the currently torn team.  This chapter is split between Hecate's backstory and Tyler's story. After that it is them with various different Avengers~Ariel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A bit about Hecate, set in 1969, just before Tony was born)

Cate Jackson walks towards Howard Stark's secretary, Carrie, with a large stack of papers and a smile. "Hey, Carrie. Does the boss man have anyone in his office today?"

Carrie smiles up at the young woman, "No, he does not." Her smile falters, "But, I should warn you, he did seem a bit upset today!"

Cate furrows her eyebrows in a mixture of confusion and concern, "I'll try to talk to him. Though, I probably shouldn't tell him about the current statistics then, should I?" She jokes with a wink and a tight smile.

Carrie scoffs and nods in agreement, "Go on in."

"Thanks, Care." Cate says as she waltzes pass.

Cate walks into her boss' office, closing the door. She sees him looking at the window to their left side, staring off with a blank look. She looks at him with pitying look before saying, "Hey, boss?"

Howard jumps a bit and whips around, breathing out a sigh of relief at the sight of the young woman, "Cate, you're back."

Cate nods. "Yes, I brought the statistics. Which, by the way, was a bitch to come by! The little shits downstairs don't give the important information to the "lesser" sex."

Howard scoffs, "Maybe one day they'll realize that you're smarter than them and eventually work for you."

Cate shrugs, "Yeah, maybe one day." Cate sighs, "So, Carrie told me you've been off today? Is something wrong? Is it Maria?"

Howard looks down, suddenly finding the floor very interesting. "Well, if anyone should know it's you." He breathes out a sigh before saying, "Maria's pregnant."

Cate's eyes go impossibly wide and soften, "Oh, Howard, that's amazing!"

Howard places his head in his hands, "You don't get it, Cate! I don't know how to be a father!"

Cate scoffs at the overused comment, "No one knows how to be one! It all just comes to you as you go."

"What if I mess up?"

"Oh, you will! There's no what if about it. That's how life is." Cate sighs at Howard's incredulous face and sits down across from him, "Look, if parenting were easy and no one ever messed up, there would be nothing bad in the world."

Howard scoffs, "Sounds like you've done it before."

Cate stiffens, "I have. You know how long I've been around."

He nods to himself, knowing that it's a sore subject for Cate. "Maria doesn't really know how to handle being pregnant or being a mother. Can you help her? I know that you're really good with things like that, so please? I'll give you a raise!"

She smiles at him, "Of course I will! You don't even have to give me the raise for it."

"Eh, you deserve it anyway!"

----flash forward to the stark's deaths----

Hecate ran through the hospital and stops at the counter, "I'm here for the Starks."