Prologue

Prologue (dictionary definition): a separate introductory section of a literary or musical work
________________________________

Kai was never used to change. Even when he was just a boy, he'd call out to the gods he didn't believe in if change occurred. For this reason, he always tried to live a simple life and just be normal. After his mother Marie, as she would like to be called, died in a car accident his life changed forever.

Marie's death was a trigger for Kai. He had already lost his father to suicide, and now his mother was gone too. No words could explain what he was feeling inside. He ended up leaving his whole life behind in order to live it out substantially.

No money, no food, and no job is how it all started off when he moved to California. He searched months for a job and it grew into a real struggle. He started living in an abandoned house and asking strangers for food. This became a normal routine for him until the age of 16. At this age his life turned around.

Kai fixed the house up and was now working a double shift at Walmart. Despite what people believed, between work and living his life he was still able to do online schooling. As he got his degree, he went into writing which led to working from home.

He was on the way to the grocery store to get some milk when he found an interesting discovery in the alley way. Knowing not of his decisions, he took it into his hands. This one choice led him into a world of murder, tears, and betrayal. The thing that stopped him from dying could be the only thing that keeps him drained and out of breath.

Masked beyond the surface, he's kept unaware of the things going on around him. Understanding this life is harder than he'd ever imagine. If only he had a profound gang to keep him steady and on track even if it does leave scars behind. Oh wait...
________________________________

AN: This is my first time writing a prologue, so I hope it isn't too intolerable. This specific chapter is just here to give background information to help the readers understand how this whole thing came about. It isn't absolutely needed to continue the story, but it could help. Remember these things are mostly FICTIONAL , and the format of this won't continue in later chapters. Please enjoy, and thank you for reading.