Chapter 6: Colors

For some reason I heard running—pacing if you will—getting louder by the second. At a point in minutes it came to a stop, but then it started all back up again and it didn't sound like just one person. This time I heard multiple footsteps coming towards my direction in a rush. At the time I was able to slightly open my eyes and speak a bit so I said, "Wha—what's happening?"

A woman grabbed my arm inserting their sharp nails into my skin—but not just any woman—Marie did this. This wasn't even the first time, and I'm quite certain it wouldn't have been her last either. Soo-Khan tried to fight her off, but someone was holding him back. In fact, all the guys were being held back by people in black coats. I assumed they were her minions—
__
"Bodyguards?"
__
Same difference. Anyway, she saw my eyes tear up and she smiled—she smiled like a schoolgirl developing her first crush—like it was entertaining somehow. She loved the look of pain on my face. I just knew it, and it proved my point when I saw her lips form a smirk as she said, "Here we go again." That's where it all stopped. She pulled the plug literally. I was officially considered dead. My heart stopped, so my journey could begin.

There are so many things that happened within the hour that I died. If I told you them all, you'd think I was lying. Death within my inner peace of life was something so surreal—so inimaginable that I felt out of place. You know they say no person has ever truly died then started to breathe again. Well here I am in court with you people telling my story. It's funny though, that day I never would've known I'd be consumed into a world unlike any other—a world of colors.
__
He laughed, "Colors?"
__

Colors. I did once say that my universe was a dull, black and white one. You people probably believed the bright colors were the ones that I was trying to keep out, you were right—but to be honest I think the colors saved me. I was in my own brain—my own head—my own world, and I felt high like I'd just smoked weed for the first time. It didn't feel like I was dead, it felt like a dream—a hallucination—even a nightmare maybe.

When I opened my eyes, they weren't my own. They couldn't be. These things were white—all white—no other color to be seen. There they were just sitting on my face replacing the ones that were there before. I couldn't understand anything. Nothing was clear to me at that point. I didn't know what was happening or why, but my feet kept moving forward. I went step by step until a man appeared without a-a race. He was a color—pink to be exact. His feet were big matching, but not masking, his masculinity. He used those things to walk over to me. Once he stopped, he opened up his mouth to say, "How dare you? You've walked into my home with your deadly eyes without even greeting me. Again I say, how dare you?"

I didn't know who this man thought he was, but my lips wouldn't let me form a bad word. I wanted to curse him out—yell—and ask how dare he but somehow a spell had been casted upon me. My mouth almost wasn't my own. The only thing that I found myself able to do was ask myself who was this man? A witch? A devil, but no instead he seemed to be a god—one of the many I'd hear people praising in the background of horrible days. I laughed at that realization. He couldn't be, could he? It didn't seem possible. I had to know, so I asked, "So, are you a god? Are you going to tell me to pray the bad things away and be kind to the people who physically and mentally hurt me?"

He chuckled at the statement. "Now why would I say such a thing? Your mother should've taught you this." His eyebrow raised as if he'd said the best line in a script.

"What mother? The one that decided to give me away to a psychopath at a young age, or the one who tore my soul apart piece by piece watching me squirm as she waited for my death to be brought forth to her?"

The man looked into my eyes smiling like a maniac. Then, he let out a boisterous guffaw before clapping his hands.

This sent me to to another place—maybe even another dimension. I examined the room slowly but surely. It didn't seem too overwhelming at first glance. In fact, it had quite the opposite effect. As I looked to my left, I could see things that seemed to have come from my past. When I looked to my right, I saw things that looked futuristic. I had to give credit where credit was due, because this was incredible. When I checked them out, they were all so realistic too. I walked over to the past table and decided to take something meaningful from it. There I saw a video of little me praising God with Karla. I didn't remember it, but it ended up making me cry. With tears, I turned and began walking towards the futuristic table where I saw myself genuinely smiling. This was one of the very few times I'd ever seen myself smile so big. I could tell I wasn't faking it because my eyes squinted and my dimples caved in. This was real, and I was convinced so was the place.

And just like that, I was back. I raised up from the bed like I'd just woken up from the worst nightmare. I breathed hard, then harder, and harder it went. I couldn't even say a word.

No one was there except the doctor. He pushed me back down and told me, "It's a miracle that you're alive. No human could possibly survive all of the torture you've just went through. We tried everything. What finally made you come back?"

"The colors." I said simply.