Chapter 7: Crazy Never Dies

I sat up in the hospital bed smelling nothing but alcohol and blood. It had already been a couple of days since my 'colorful experience,' but I was still feeling a bit faint. It felt like my body was trying to get me to lay back down, but I knew I needed to warn the gang of the unsettling news. I decided it was only best to tell them now instead of later before my mental awakening would leave me completely. "Can I use your phone?" I asked the doctor who stood before me no taller than I.

"Go ahead." He said giving me a disturbing look.

I dialed the only number I remembered as quickly as possible. It was Jamie, one of the only people who I thought would reluctantly help, but it was the only number I grew accustomed to so I called it hoping he'd answer. "Hello." I hiccuped.

"Kai?" He finally picked up after 7 rings knowing he heard the first time around.

"Look, I need to tell you, you can't believe anyone. They could all be in on it. Just—" The doctor quickly put his hands over my mouth slowly hanging up the phone. He then tied me up with rope that he had casually in his bag for some reason. My life was getting crazier by the minute.
__
The same doctor that told Soo-Khan and Nairo'peź the news, turned out to be my father—Marie's ex husband if you will. He took me hostage with a beer bottle in one hand and a gun in the other. I didn't recognize him at first glance because my brain tried to keep the worst parts of my past from the light and once he left my mo—Marie never kept photos of our family. She despised the pictures and more or less despised us. The fact that this man was before me irked every nerve in my body. I ached for compassion and yet also his blood, sweat, and tears. I needed him to suffer. If I played my cards right, he could take all my pain away or so I had hoped.
__
"Don't ya' know how much you worried ya' mother, boy?"

"My mother is quite fine. Marie on the other hand is far from it. But you should know that, shouldn't you, Michael?"

"I 'ont understand you. Never did honestly. It's like ya' speakin' some oth'r language or some."

"Been drinking again, have you?"

"I sip here an' there. What's it to you, little smart mouth? Y'know you just like them damn brothers of yours. Thirteen of ya' little ones ruining everything we had planned out! We ain't need ya'! Should've took ya' out back then.

"Brothers—Another thing I was never told about. Your spirit's damned, old man. It will always be if you stay like this."

Michael had a smug look on his face leaving me in disgust. He said, "Do ya' really thinks I 'ont got brains? I fooled ya' lil friends and you too. Must not be that stupid, huh?"

"Michael. Michael. Michael. Let me stoop down to your level real quick." I indicated him to move closer with a movement of my head to the side repeatedly. He moved closer to me and I mumbled, "The wind, the water, the fire, the earth, let it all combine. Bring the blood of the last crow and let your death unwind. Don't leave a trace of you here now, or they'll come to kill you. Now hush—shut your mouth. You can never show the real you" making sure he only clearly heard the word hush.

"I guess those were your last words. Bye. Bye."

Jamie kicked in the door. When it opened I saw him along with the whole gang by his side. I couldn't even believe my eyes. This guy really came though, and right on time.

"Hello." Jamie replied referencing Michael's previous remark.

"What he said." Tae added. Jamie stared at him for about 5 seconds. "What, you took the only good line?"

Michael, still determined to end my life said, "I'm sorry for your loss." as he turned back towards me pointing his Glock at my head.

Sugo grabbed the gun out of Jamie's hands. "No need." He said in a response to Michael's official last words. He shot Michael. The man that had been tormenting my mo—Marie and I for years had finally been eliminated. I was enraptured by what just happened before me. I was human yes, but I had inhumane thoughts at the time and it didn't help that the hex turned him into dust after it all. Soo-Khan rushed to me and untied the ropes. I felt like dying at that point of time.

"We should get outta here before the cops come." King stated.

"He's right. They should be here any minute now. Unless we all want jail time we needa hurry." Jayson agreed.

Soo-Khan was done with the ropes. Now all we had to do is leave in time, but first I had to thank the people who saved my life one too many times already. I opened my mouth, but words didn't seem to come out. Instead of leaving the situation be, I had chosen to give in to my emotions. I hugged them—I hugged them with my eyes full of tears and my hand of sweat.

"Aw, squirt." Jeon-Ko said sisterly.

Aronaj looked around. "I love moments like these!"

"I hate to break this up. But unless I'm seeing things, there are squad cars surrounding this building." Soo-Khan said pointing out the window.

"Oh shit, we gotta run!" Tae said

"And where are we gonna go?" Jayson asked.

"Fuck!" Tae exclaimed putting his hands over his face as he flopped onto the hospital bed.

"Uh, guys. I feel like this is the right time to tell you about my powers." Kai stated.

"Powers!?" The gang all yelled at once.

"Calm down it's no big deal. I'm just kind of an Elnuke."

"No big deal. Getting surgery is no big deal—Sorry wrong time to be making jokes—But this is a huge deal!" Nairo'peź exclaimed.

"Just come on. Everyone hold on to each other." We jumped right out of the window of a ten story building. Was it one of the stupidest things I'd ever done. Yes, but was it worth every brain cell lost during it? Yes. Would I do it again? If I had the chance.
________________________________

Hey, it's your author here. This was a crazy chapter, huh? Can you believe Kai's an Elnuke? Don't worry if you don't know what it is now, I'll go into more detail in later chapters. I really want to know what you guys think. Don't forget to vote and comment : )
- xoxo Zeporian