4. All Alone

My first night at Cross Academy was terrible. My dreams were filled with nothing but nightmares so I hardly slept. I remember hearing a guys voice yelling outside my door. When I looked it was the same guy who ran into me earlier that evening. He looked out of it and sick, when I tried to ask if he was ok he only pushed me away, then walked off.

The Headmaster said I could relax my first couple days here to get settled before joining my new fellow classmates.

I look out my window and the sun is shining today showing no sign of last nights storm. My eyes follow the students as they walk across the grassy field and walkways enjoying the sun. I close my eyes for just a moment and the image of my families dead bodies flash across my mind. My body shakes as I look out the window one last time.

About to turn away to get dressed in clothes that were brought for me from my house. My eyes land on the only familiar face I know. I watch him lean against the wall of the building away from the other students. His silver hair shines in the sun and I find myself wanting to know who he is.

I am unsure if it was because he felt my gaze but he looked up towards my window and our eyes locked together. However the next moment he looks away shaking his head and storms around the building. This guy does not even know anything about me, but yet he treats me like I did something bad to him.

Sighing I open my luggage of clothes and pull some out. It may be sunny and warm but my skin feels ice cold still. I pull a pair of jeans on with a shirt. I lace up a pair of sneakers and throw a hoodie sweater on. Leaving my long pink hair down as I decide to get some fresh air in hopes it will help me calm my racing thoughts.

However moments after leaving my door I run into someone. "Sorry..." I whisper.

"Don't be!" I look up to see a girl with crimson brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair. She is dressed in the academy day class uniform and she has a huge smile on her face. "I'm Yuki Cross!" She says. "And your Samantha Hirose right?"

"Uhhh yah..." I mutter confused.

"My father is the headmaster here and he told me all about you!" She says in a cheery voice. "He wanted to invite you down for breakfast with us!"

"I'm not hungry...." I push past her trying to fight the tears from pouring down my eyes. "I just want to be alone..."

"Whats wrong?" She asks me concerned.

"Apparently your father didn't tell you everything about me then..." I whisper as I walk down the hall.

Making my way outside there are students everywhere I look. Just wanting to be alone as I feel their eyes all on me. I pull my hood up over my head and my hands go inside my hoodie pockets. Looking down at the ground I walk in silence. Walking through some trees finally finding a fountain with thankfully no one around.

Walking towards it I let myself sit on the stone edge and look into the water. Though my small moment of peace is ruined as I hear running footsteps approach me. Glancing up I sigh to see Yuki running towards me.

"Samantha!" she stops before me. "I am so sorry!!"

"He told you?" I ask in barely a whisper.

"I know what you went through is traumatizing. When I was 5 years old I was attacked by a Vampire. But you need to know they are not all bad...."

"How can you say that!" I stand up. "I saw what he did to my family...what he was going to do to me!"

"You sound like Zero..." She whispers. I remember Headmaster Cross call the guy with silver hair Zero. "You and him have a lot in common..."

"How so?"

"His family was murdered by a vampire too." She says in a quiet voice. "Though he refuses to talk about it with anyone. But I promise you not all vampires are bad."

"I'm sorry. But I need to be alone." I push past her and run causing my hood to fly off my head and my pink hair to fly out behind me.

When I stop running I found myself in front of a stable. I hug my shaking body as I walk in to see horses in there. Finding an empty stall I enter it and collapse onto the hay. I pull my knees up and wrap my arms around them as I lay my head on my arms. Closing my eyes, my parents and sister bloody dead bodies flash across my mind again. No longer able to hold in my tears, I let them flow down my face as I start to cry.

"What are you doing in here?" My head snaps up, and through my teary vision I can see silver hair. Once he saw my tears falling from my eyes he takes a step back.

I take a deep breath. "Your Zero right?" He doesn't answer but I see him glance towards the exit. "It's fine..." I whisper. "You can leave...I will always be all alone now anyways." I close my eyes and the same horrifying image crosses my mind. My hands go up and clutch my head. "Get out of my head..." I whisper.

"Why are you here...at Cross Academy?" He slowly asks me.

"A man named Toga Yagari brought me here last night..."

I look up at Zero and I see him standing there eyes closed and he takes a deep breath then he opens his eyes to look at me. He crouches down right in front of me. "But why did he bring you here?"

"I lost my family last night...They were murdered." I whisper.

"By what?" His lavender eyes are beautiful to gaze into.

"By the same monsters that murdered yours." His eyes fly open wide.

"How the hell do you know about that!"

"A girl named Yuki told me...."

"Damn that Yuki! She shouldn't be blabbering her mouth in other peoples business." He sounds pissed. Still in front of me his eyes meet mine and he leans in closer to me. "Your the only one who knows the pain I have gone through..."

"Did you ever get over it?" I whisper as more tears fall from my eyes.

"No....And you never will." Just then a gust of wind enters the stables from the door and blows my hair all around me. I watch in confusion as Zero falls backwards away from me. He is looking at me with wide eyes as his hand covers his mouth and nose. "You need to get out of here....NOW!" He yells at me.

"What?"

I watch as his body starts to shake. "Just bloody get the hell out of here!!" When I make no move to get up he throws himself against the wall opposite me. "Damn it!" his hands go to his head and he looks like he is in pain.

"Zero? Whats wrong?" he turns to face away from me. I watch him clutch his hands onto the wall.

"I need you to walk away....right now."

"I don't understand..." I say confused as I stand up. "Zero are you ill?" I ask as I gently place my hand on his shoulder.

I feel his body tense right up. "Why....Why must you be so alluring." I hear him whisper quietly. He starts to take deep breaths and his shaking seems to come to a stop. He finally pushes my hand away. "You....you need to stay far away from me...."

"Why do you hate me so much? you don't even know me...." I say pained. The one person here who knows the pain I am going through wants noting to do with me.

"I don't hate you...I hate myself....and I can't control myself when I am near you...." He pushes himself away from the wall and he runs from the stables leaving me there stunned and confused.

...