Part 3 Family

Kim, Adam, and Voight where sitting in the bullpen when Rocky came up.

"Where are Kevin, Rojas, Emma and Jay?" He asked.

"Out, why?" Adam asked.

"I have her call number and some other things for her, but I'll give them to her later I guess." Rocky said, Voight came out of his office with a stern look on his face.

"We've got a situation. Stay here." Voight instructed them 

''''''''''

"Whole thing is a mess Sarge, we're basically looking at three crime scenes.It started back there on Washburn with a carjacking that Atwater and Rojas responded too." Jay said filling him in.

"The two offenders fled, crashed into that car. Then one offender took off in the car, the other one Rojas chased down and he was impaled by rebar." Emma said. 

"So that's our DOA?" Voight asked.

"Yeah." Emma nodded.

"Carjacking Victim?"

"Yeah, she's a young woman. Beaten pretty bad, she's on her way to med." 

"Listen did the responding backup units pick up anything because I was on the zone and I didn't hear any chatter." Voight said.

"That's the thing sarge they didn't call for any backup." Voight stopped walking and Emma get a nervous look on her face.

"All right do me a favor, see if you can tie this thing up?" Voight asked.

"Yeah." Jay said, he went to kiss Emma on the cheek but Voight cleared his throat. "Sorry." Jay apologised heading towards the front. 

"Talk to me." Voight said as he and Emma kept walking.

"Yeah."

''''''''

"He don't look to happy." Rojas said to Kevin.

"That's just how he looks." Kevin said.

"All right, walk me through this Kev. Why didn't you call for backup? Voight asked as he and Emma came to a stop in front of them.

"It was a hot pursuit sarge, heat of the moment. Everything just happened real fast-"

"Look, Atwater told me to radio for backup, but the offender was fleeing. If I had stopped I would have lost him." Emma looked at Voight nervously.

"You know there's a lotta officers out there monitoring that radio ready to help." Voight told her.

"I know. It was instinct." Emma and Kevin both held their breaths and watched Voight.

"Instinct?" Voight repeated.  "Well your instinct just caught us a carjacking, an officer involved death and a pile of paperwork. Not a good look on your first day." Voight said walking away, as Emma followed she patted Rojas on the back.

''''''''''

"Boss?" Adam asked coming from the back with Kim.

"Yeah?"

"This is for real?" Adam asked pointing to the bored. "Antonio's moving to Puerto Rico for sure?" Adam asked.

"It's what he wants, he's got family there. Look end of the day, it's a good decision." Voight said, Rojas came up the stairs. "You all know Officer Rojas, welcome to Intelligence." 

"Thank you, I hope this isn't the part where I have to make a speech or anything?" 

"Nothing like that." Voight told her. "All right, what have we got?" Voight asked, Kim walked up to the bored.