Chapter One

"You're taking the entertainment world by storm," my publicist, Effie, squeals, pointing to the plasma screen t.v. behind her. "I know," I say quietly. "Aren't you excited?! You're the second highest paid actress next to Sandra Bullock and you're the sexiest, most desired woman in the industry. You're on top of the world!" What good does all of this money and fame do for me if I have no one to share it with? "Say something?!"

"Something," I mutter. "Katniss, look at me." I look at her and meet her concerned gaze. "Why are you acting so...depressed?"

"I'm acting depressed?"

"Yes-"

"How do you know if I'm acting or not, you know..I am an actress," I smirk. She huffs. "Katniss, stop acting so difficult, now, you have an interview in two hours and we need to get you to hair and make-up right now."

"Okay, let's go, Effie." She calls for a SUV and waits outside with me. I fix my shades and put some of my dark hair behind my ear. "What color was your hair for the last movie?"

"Blonde," I answer. "When will you be blonde again?"

"Who knows, I'm thinking about chopping all of it off-"

"No! You're known for your dark locks and misty eyes, you will not, I repeat, you will not cut your hair."

"Okay, fine." The SUV pulls up and we get inside.

~three hours later~

"And you'll be where this weekend?"

"I will be back in my hometown of Panem, at the local Books-a-million to sign merchandise," I answer with a smile. I can't wait to be home finally, and to see my family and...Peeta. He helped me get where I am today and I didn't even get to tell him thank you. Nor go on a date with him. "You heard it from 'The Girl on Fire' herself, she'll be in the city of Panem this weekend to sign any merchandise you own." The interviewer looks at me. "Anybody special you're looking forward to seeing this weekend?"

"Other than my family?"

"Yes, you know who we're talking about. That special guy back home." That special guy is Peeta. "Gale," I say, even though my mind was saying, "Peeta." "He's my best friend," I say, crossing my legs. "No, we're talking that romantic person."

"I...uh...I don't really have one of those." It's true. I'm not sure if Peeta grew out of his phase with me, or if I'm just confused. After eight years, there's noway that he can still be obsessed with me. Or can he? "When will you back here?"

"I'm actually thinking about staying in Panem a little while longer. Maybe a couple of months."

"Will this effect your work?"

"Not that I know of, you'll have to talk to my publicist because a lot of things are happening that I don't know about. I didn't know I was supposed to be going to Panem until yesterday." He laughs and I just laugh along even though I don't know what's funny about that. "Well, thank you for coming."

"No, thank you for inviting me," I reply, smiling. He dismisses me and I'm taken back to hair and make-up. They clean the make-up off of my face and take back the clothes they made me wear. I pull on my original clothing and put the shades back on. "Ready to go, Katniss?"

"Yes." She leads me out to the SUV and gets in beside me. "Okay, we're about to arrive at the airport," she says into the phone. I watch out the window as she argues. "What do you mean there isn't any security waiting on her?! Get some...now!" She hits "End call". "I've never met someone so unprepared for a celebrity," she complains. "Well, that's what happens when it's short notice. I didn't even know I was supposed to be getting on a plane to Panem until yesterday."

"Well, I didn't know if you'd refuse-"

"Why would I refuse to go back home?!" Honestly, I've been wanting to go home. I've actually been dying to hear from him. Hearing him ask me on a date or even just talk to me. Deep down inside of me, I miss him. A lot.

~After the airplane ride~

"Is the security out there?...You only have two?! That's not enough-"

"It's fine, Effie. I don't know who would want to target me anyway," I say, getting up and grabbing my carry-on. She purses her lips. "You never know, Katniss." I glance out the window and see a large crowd of what I assume is fans. They have their phones out, snapping pictures even though I'm not even out of the plane yet. "Effie, get that security ready," I command. She pulls her phone out and dials the number. "Security! Are you in your places? We're coming out." I go towards the door and the stairs let itself down. The crowd roars with screams and applauds. There are signs being waved around saying, "I love you, Katniss!" and "Marry me!" I put on a smile and wave as I begin to step downwards. Between me blinking and taking my next step, I lose my footing. I fall forwards and put my arms out in front of me to lessen the impact, but I don't feel an impact. Instead, I feel a strong pair of arms holding me up. My hair's in my eyes, preventing me to see much. "Are you okay?" He asks me, sounding purely concerned. "Y-Yeah, thank you..." I trail off when I flip my hair back to see familiar blue eyes staring at me.