Episode 1: Origins

Background:

Maxcago, once called Chicago, is the most populated city in the world in 2043. It is a technological hotspot with its easy-to-access RPT Ports for travel, dozens of universities dedicated to technology education, and NANO technology for surveillance and protection. It has expanded over several decades and it has divided into two major sections. The Outer Ring, the realm of the working class and impoverished, and the Inner Ring, the revamped original city, and the ring of the political and social elites. At the center of it all lies MaxCorp, the most influential technology company in the world and the home of Earth's "global ambassador and president," Max Astral. The city is a sight to behold, but even so, corruption has spread rapidly in the dark allyways and hidden backroads, leaving the city with only one last line of defense...

Intro

The episode starts off by showing the top view of peaceful street outside of a jewelry store in Maxcago (Chicago, 2043.) Passersby glance at the store, but don't really take much notice of it until an event unfolds.

Out of nowhere, a giant robot pterodactyl with glowing purple eyes crashes through the front window of a jewelry store. Within its metal claws is a large leather bag with unknown contents. Several screams are heard from bystanders as the glass of the store window shatters into thousands of tiny pieces. The glass showers over everything nearby, and panic sweeps over the crowds. They begin to run around the street in terror.

The camera zooms in on the top of the robot and shows the inside of the robot. A short, balding man is crouched inside and cackling insanely

Pterodactyl Man: [Grinning madly] You fools! With these materials, I can finally finish my death ray and destroy this entire city! [Laughs maniacally] Maxcago will be mine for the taking!

Random Bystander: [Pointing up at the villain] Somebody stop him!

Random Bystander 2: [Disgusted] He's a monster!

Jewelry Shop Owner: [In disbelief] I can't believe this. This is the fifth robot pterodactyl this month! Isn't there any law enforcement in this city?

Pterodactyl Man: [Voice from inside robot is heard] Nobody can stop me, not even the police! You might as well give up, useless bystanders!

As the man finishes his taunts, a short figure in a black cloak sprints through the gathering crowd of onlookers. Several people look down at her and many others move out of her way.

Random Bystander 2: [Points] Look! It's kid wearing a trashbag!

Random Bystander 3: No, you idiot! That's a hero! They've come to stop that madman!

The figure jumps into the air and balls her hands into fists. Her gloves begin to glow and she throws several small metal disks at the robot, confusing the beast's pilot. She balls up her hands again and the disks detonate around the center of the robot. Puffs of red smoke appear around the robot, but even that is not enough to cover up the damage that the figure left. Bits of the robot fall of and the wings of the robot twitch and spark

Pterodactyl Man: [Furiously] No! No! No! I won't let my plans be ruined by a stupid vigilante! You're going to pay for this, hero!!

The robot flies higher into the air and then sends several missiles at the bystanders below. They spiral through the air towards their target, but the figure points at an area in the sky above the bystanders. She spins her hands casually. The movement causes a portal to form in the location she pointed at. The missles fly into the portal and through another one directly behind the robot. The pterodactyl dodges the attacks as the figure lands on the ground and taps her foot impatiently