Extra 22

Point in Time: Weeks before Episode 27...

Rey and Luken walk through their door. Luken sways and falls on their couch.

Rey: [Scoldingly] Luken, are you really that tired?! What have I told you about getting sleep?

Luken: [Voice muffled in couch] Sleep is stupid. And missing a few weeks of sleep isn't going to kill me. [Mumbles] Unfortunately.

Rey: [Pokes Luken] Well, if you're going to sleep, you should at least sleep in a real bed.

Luken groans.

Luken: I'm in charge of taking care of you. So you don't have the right to tell me what to do.

Rey is silent.

Rey: [Hopefully] I'll order a pizza if you go.

Luken: [Tiredly] [Sits up] Fine.

Luken and Rey walk to Luken's room.

Rey: [Eyes sparkle] Ooh! I've got an idea! Wait here.

Luken: Okay. What am I waiting for?

Rey: [Laughing like a maniacal gerbil] You'll see. Just wait!

Luken waits until he sees Rey throwing a bear at him.

Luken: [Holding the bear by one of its front paws like it's dangerous] [Confused] What's this for?

Rey: [Cheerfully] It's a bear! For sleeping! I found it after breaking into Robyn's father's old house months ago! But I think I’ll give it to you.

Luken: [Sighs] [Mutters under his breath] I don't even want to know when or how you did that. [Out loud] You know I'm not a… bear person.

Rey: [Pouting] Aw, Luken! Come on! She's really nice! I love her, so I'm sure you'll like her, too.

Luken: [Internally] [Annoyed] Why can't I say no to him? [To Rey] Fine. If it'll make you happy.

Rey: Yay! [Goes back into his room] Good night, Luken! Take care of Robyn's bear!

Luken: [Looks at the bear suspiciously] Sure. Whatever.

Luken flops down on his bed a moment later and just stares at the bear.

Luken: Why do people have these things around anyway? They serve no purpose.

Luken tries to squish the bear but he feels something firm inside of it. Luken reaches into a pocket on the front of the bear and pulls out a picture of Robyn, Autumn, and Hunter in it. A note attached to it says "To Hunter, Keep Nutmeg safe, okay? He was always you favorite, so make sure to love him for both of us. I’ll See You Again Soon, Robyn"

Luken stares at the picture again. He sees Robyn and his face turns red.

Luken: [Quietly] Cute…

Luken covers his mouth.

Luken: [Hits his skull against his palms] You moron! What are you, twelve? [Throws the bear against a wall] Stupid bear.

Luken sits against his bed, his arms crossed and his face still flushed. He looks back at the bear and he picks it up quickly.

Luken: [Flustered] [Holds the bear tightly] S-Stupid bear.

Time passes. Rey comes into Luken's room when it's dark.

Rey: [Excitedly] Hey, Luken! I've got pizza! And it's black olives and peppers! Your favorite!

Rey looks down at Luken and looks surprised. Rey smiles down at him.

Luken is hugging the bear protectively. His face is slightly red and he looks peaceful.

Rey: [Giggles] Good night, Luken!

Rey walks out of the room and turns off the light. Rey opens the door and leaves it slightly ajar. The metal man from “Final Destination” steps into the room and smirks. The metal man closes the door.