Chapter 1

1 (Audrey's Point of View)

I smiled at my boyfriend, Michael, as he gave me a wrapped gift and a kiss on my cheek. "Happy 17th birthday, Audrey. It's about time you're our age!" He joked. "And two months before I turn eighteen," he laughed.

I smiled. "This is amazing, thank you for this," I gently shook the box his gift was in.

He smiled and put his arm around me, walking me to my best friend's house. Kaitlyn lived one street over with her grandma. We had a 'gang', Michael, me, Kaitlyn, Paul, John and George. George was the youngest, making me the second youngest.

As we reached Katilyn's house, our small talk began to cease. I gently knocked on the front door and a few minutes later Kaitlyn was outside with a small box as well.

Kaitlyn was beautiful, but in an unconventional way. She didn't know she was beautiful, and that was the best part. She smiled at me and sat the box on the front porch. "Happy birthday! You can open this after school," she gave me a tight hug.

We all walked to school, planning what we wanted to do after school on this typical cloudy, Liverpool Friday.

Kaityln's face lit up, randomly, once we were at school. Her eyes got bright and she started smiling.

I glanced across the crowded hallway and saw John, along with Paul an George, walking towards us.

I gently pushed her shoulder and gave her a wink as Michael's hand moved from my shoulder to waist.

John Lennon joined our group and smiled at my best friend. She blushed, making her cheeks look like a natural rose color. "Happy birthday," John smiled at me, this time.

"Happy birthday!" Paul hugged me.

George gave me a smile smile, "happy birthday."

My heart skipped a beat.

Michael's hand gently moved, reminding me I had a boyfriend, who happened to be standing right next to me.

"What are we doing after school?" John asked, fixing his hair.

I glanced at George, his sweet smile always got to me. No one knew this, not even Kaityln, but I was secretly in love with him. But, sadly, my parents love Michael and accept him. They don't accept George's quietness and the fact that he's younger than me.

"We'll do something amazing. We'll do a private concert," Paul winked at me.

The bell to go to class rang. I looked at George one last time before Michael lead me away, walking me to my first class.

"Bye! And happy birthday!" Kaitlyn called after us.